JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Themes not applying to text messages

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 08:52 PM)
cathyjanec
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Is anyone else having this issue on their S24 Ultra? Themes isn't applying to my text message section. I don't have dark mode on, I've tried restarting, I've tried going to the default theme and back again, and I've tried different themes. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
N0Y0U2114
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Explain what you mean. Are you referring to the background option on Samsung messages? If so, make sure you using Samsung messages (default before Galaxy S21 FE/ S22) and not Google messages (New default). To check this go to
Settings > Apps > Choose Default Apps > SMS App > Samsung Messages (Pictures attached}

If you are referring to one UI 5+/Android 12 material you theming, they have been bugged on one UI 6 for awhile now.

And if you are referring to the different wallpapers on some messages on Google messages, those show up on messages marked with RCS, so normal SMS/MMS messages won't have them

Hope this helps 🙂1706506242030.jpg1706506242042.jpg1706506242072.jpg1706506242111.jpg

View solution in context

8 Replies
Solution
N0Y0U2114
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Explain what you mean. Are you referring to the background option on Samsung messages? If so, make sure you using Samsung messages (default before Galaxy S21 FE/ S22) and not Google messages (New default). To check this go to
Settings > Apps > Choose Default Apps > SMS App > Samsung Messages (Pictures attached}

If you are referring to one UI 5+/Android 12 material you theming, they have been bugged on one UI 6 for awhile now.

And if you are referring to the different wallpapers on some messages on Google messages, those show up on messages marked with RCS, so normal SMS/MMS messages won't have them

Hope this helps 🙂1706506242030.jpg1706506242042.jpg1706506242072.jpg1706506242111.jpg
cathyjanec
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Thank you so much for the detailed reply and for the photos, you solved my issue! I was using Google messages and didn't realize. I'm not sure if I've had to change that on a phone before and if I did I forgot all about it. Thank you again

N0Y0U2114
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
You're welcome, glad I could help.
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Be aware, you WILL NOT have RCS feature if you use Samsung Messages. You can only have RCS using Google Messages!
cathyjanec
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I do like that feature, but it wasn't working for me unfortunately. No one was receiving my messages through RCS. I'm not sure why.

Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
In order for RCS to work, the recipient also has to enabled RCS.
Android to Android, it will not work from Android to IPhone for now.
Later this year Apple will enable RCS, you will be able to read receipts, tying indicator, full resolution photos and videos.
cathyjanec
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

That makes sense. They are using Android but likely do not have it enabled. Thank you! 

0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Most people on Samsung phones are just like people on iPhones, using native branded apps.
It's what they are used to.
I have been using Google Messages ever since the adoption of RCS, I am in the Beta program, and I get to use all the new features before the general public.
Great stuff coming soon!