Original topic:

UI 6.1.1 update

(Topic created: Monday)
Johnlijan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Any idea when unlocked S24 series will get the UI 6.1.1 update in US ?
smokerek
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Gotcha! This particular post was about unlocks. Everyone with locked devices already received it this morning in the US
0 Likes
Ray_Ginald
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
If I chose now to unlock my device, I will still have the One UI 6.1.1 (technically 6.1 for the S series). So technically, I can still come on here and say yes, I have received the One UI 6.1.1 for an unlocked S24 series.
0 Likes
smokerek
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Doesn't matter now no, but it's based on how the phone was originally shipped. Not sure what would happen next year if you were to get it unlocked now
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

except that your model number would show that you are mis-informed, when people refer to unlocked they mean Factory Unlocked, which your's would not be, the model number would still end in a U, not a U1

0 Likes
Ray_Ginald
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm not sure what you're on or on about. Post just says unlocked, nothing about "Factory." Try to read, understand, and then think before responding, it'll do you a lot of good.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

As others have stated in this forum, U means carrier unlocked, which is still technically a locked device, and will get it's updates as a locked device.  When people say unlocked device they actually mean Factory unlocked or U1, despite what you may think.  While Carrier unlocked is actually unlocked, YOU are taking it out of context, and people actually mean Factory unlocked.

Don't believe me? ASK THEM.

Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
" Factory" Unlocked means purchased from Samsung, exactly what the poster was referring to.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Objection, conjuncture!

You cannot back up your statement of:
"Everyone with locked devices received it this morning in the US"

There are many reports of only 2 carriers seeing the update, and even people who are a target audience may have not checked for or downloaded the update, so have not received it yet.

0 Likes
smokerek
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I always forget about the grammar police! All major carriers have released the update. Unlocks just have to wait our turn like it is now normally. Not like past pre esim days
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Carrier steered update servers pre-date e-sims.  Unlocked devices have been given the finger by most carriers since well before eSims came into being.

(See how I used Most instead of all or everyone, so that I cannot be proven wrong with a single individual not being included?)