JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to activate Visual Voicemail

(Topic created: 02-06-2024 01:02 PM)
MengTrond
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I recently purchased an unlocked Galaxy S24+, and my Visual Voicemail app is not functional.

I have set up my voicemail by pressing #1 on my dialpad, and going through the guided voicemail setup process (record my name, record my greeting, etc). I have left myself a test voicemail from a different phone number.

Nothing displays when I launch Visual Voicemail. I see blank "Inbox" and "Archive" sections.

When I choose "Settings" from the three-dots menu in the upper right of Visual Voicemail I see the following message:

"You can access voicemail settings in the Google Fi app" + an "OPEN GOOGLE FI" link. That link informs me that "No application can handle this request. Please install a web browser".

I have a web browser installed on my phone (several, actually), but can't move past the above errors. 

How can I activate Visual Voicemail?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Unlocked doesn't have built in dialer vvm. You need a carrier branded for it. You have to either use their app from the store.

View solution in context

4 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Carriers typically have their own visual voicemail services. Have you reached out to them about this yet?
Solution
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Unlocked doesn't have built in dialer vvm. You need a carrier branded for it. You have to either use their app from the store.
Samsung_lkfIR3q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I also encountered the same issue. I have google Fi as carrier and  recently upgrade to S24 plus from S22 ultra and everything seems transferred successfully but Visual Voicemail.  It showed 4 new message in the inbox but any message I clicked on  showing - request is sent for voicemail downloading.  However I can't find it anywhere.  When I go to its settings, it simply says - You can access voicemail setting in the Google Fi app. When I go to google fi for Visual voicemail setting - it says visual voicemail is automatically available for Google in the Phone app.  Phone app??? where can I find those visual voicemail....... It is really confusing!!!

neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
I have Google Fi too. If I open the Phone app and tap the three dots on the upper right, a menu opens containing a Visual Voicemail link.
0 Likes