JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Usb port connection issues

(Topic created: 02-24-2024 11:54 AM)
OliverM33
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Brand new s24+, and the usb connection is terrible. Constantly disconnects from android auto in multiple cars with multiple brand new Anker cables. The cable just seems to not firmly plug in. I tried without the case, didn't help. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello, Welcome and thank you for being part of the Community. We understand the concern with the USB-C port not functioning as expected.

Here is a link with some steps that may help: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01212959/

If these steps are unsuccessful, it is recommended to have the phone evaluated by an authorized service center. 

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For international customers, please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

View solution in context

0 Likes
20 Replies
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
In this app, the Support tab, there is a diagnostics testing. Open it, go to USB connection and cable charging, and run those 2 tests. If your port is bad, it will tell you.
Also, on the support page, there is error reporting, open that, type in the problem, and how frequently it happens. Follow the prompts, and do not close the members app until you get the notification that logs were captured. It might take a couple of days for the developers to get back to you.

I find that performing a wipe cache partition fixes a lot of things.
0 Likes
OliverM33
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
The diagnostics failed to diagnose
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Did it say normal or action required?
0 Likes
OliverM33
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Normal
0 Likes
loudd2v
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
My girlfriend has the S23 Plus, and that happens all the time. However, it has never happened to my S23 Ultra or S24 Ultra. That's weird though
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

What are your USB connection settings set to on the phone when connected to Android Auto?  It should be "File Transfer/Android Auto".

Also, have you tried to enable USB Debugging in Developer Options, especially when making the initial connection to the car(s)?  

Try a different USB cable.  I never had luck with Anker cables in my car.  I found some Google branded USB cables that worked flawlessly.  This is the cable I've been using for nearly 5 years with no issues: https://store.google.com/us/product/usb_c_usb_a_2?pli=1&hl=en-US.  There's also a USB-C to USB-C version if that's what your car uses.

I would delete everything - the bluetooth connection to the car, the car's bluetooth connection to the phone, and the Android Auto connection to the car on the phone.  Re-boot, then start over.  First, setup the bluetooth pairing with the car, then do the Android Auto connection.  Try it with and without USB debugging enabled.

I was expecting some Android Auto issues with my S24U, but it connected flawlessly the first time and has been stable in the two weeks I've been using the phone. 

IzzaB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I tried those cables with type c to usb and they do not work. I still get "not connected" message. And I searched high and low on my phone and cannot find where do I setup or check my USB connection. It's not there. It dussapeared after latest upgrade and now I cannot use Android Autobor transfer files via USB.
0 Likes
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

What happens when you plug the USB cable in and connect it to a laptop or computer? At the very least it should start charging?  Try that, then there should be a system notification when you swipe down from the top of the phone screen for the USB connection.   You can tap that for more options and change the connection setting to "File Transfer/Android Auto".  You can also try to set that as the default USB connection in developer options.

0 Likes
IzzaB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
That's the thing - it does not really charge... it takes like all night to charge my phone. And then I plug in usb into computer. I get a message - "Check your charger connection." I was thinking that my charger got bad or the phone broke, so I went to AT&T store. They sold me a brand new type c to usb charger, but it also gave me the - "Check your charger connection" error. But... when I bought type c to type c wall charger - that charger, by some reason, worked. My phone got charged in like 1 hr. Problem with that charger - it does not have the USB part and can not get data transfer, so I cannot use that cable to connect to Android Auto in my car. The AT&T store tech said that I need to get the special connector type c to usb, but the store does not sell then, and I have to buy them online. I did buy them online, but they do not help. I still get the same "Check your charger connection" message. That means that something git updated on my phone and it does not recognize any longer USB connection. And I do not know how to restore that and where to find that setting on my phone.
0 Likes