JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Usb port connection issues

(Topic created: 02-24-2024 11:54 AM)
OliverM33
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Brand new s24+, and the usb connection is terrible. Constantly disconnects from android auto in multiple cars with multiple brand new Anker cables. The cable just seems to not firmly plug in. I tried without the case, didn't help. 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
SaintSinnerman
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
As you have no doubt discovered there is a plethora of USB failures with the s24. If you catch it early enough you can get your hardware replaced before your phone completely refuses to charge. My s24 ultra lasted exactly 2 months before the USB port started failing during testing of course it always passes because the test is a simple is something connected test either it is connected or it's not so you won't generally get a failure. Samsung is currently still months later claiming there are isolated USB hardware issues... (Thankfully my cell phone provider will do an advance swap, hopefully my next 24U will last more than 2 months but as it currently sits I'm fully expecting to trade the 24U in for a pixel 9 pro/xl as apparently Samsung is no better than Google when it comes to release failures and Google has a better motion camera (with any luck the nine will also see a rise in charging power and moving to the faster storage that Samsung uses.)
0 Likes
doleritejack
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Good luck with the Google phone. I just returned my Pixel 8 to the dealer. The face recognition doesn't work, the fingerprint sensor is old tech and inconsistent and only works about on one in twenty attempts and the USB file transfer failed within hours of purchase. I got a refund and I'm moving to Samsung. 

0 Likes
CJay13
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello everyone. I'm having trouble with my new s24 Ultra. I was doing all the tests for the phone and when it came to the USB port testing. Every USB cable I used kept saying that it was not a good connection after it asked me and I said yes that I thought it was. Does anyone out there have any information that might help me out? Thank you in advance. I appreciate it.
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
I believe you should consider trying remote management in this application within the support section. They may be able to identify if there is a problem with your port and what the next step might be. Meanwhile, you can also explore wireless charging!
0 Likes
CJay13
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you.
0 Likes
OblivionThrone
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Here are a few suggestions for you to attempt. Toggle your auto blocker, then check your settings in these 8 areas in the Pic. Lastly try reinstalling the usb driver (link enclosed).

Samsung USB Driver developer.samsung.com/android-usb-driversearchModSet]2_3522_1715926598.png
0 Likes
CJay13
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you. The Samsung us driver link did not open or opened and said page not available.
0 Likes
OblivionThrone
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
My fault, that first one is half of something else. Here's the open8ng for the Samsung drivers.
developer.samsung.com/android-usb-driver
0 Likes
SMASNUG100
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't even know what's up. My S20 Fe 5G also does that, but only if you plug in a cable on one specific side.
0 Likes
CJay13
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for all your help! Maybe it's a faulty phone. It is only 3 months old if that. I got it straight from Samsung, so maybe they'll send me a new one. Doubt it... 😵💫
0 Likes