JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Using a specific fingerprint at unlock open's a specific app.

(Topic created: 03-11-2024 04:56 AM)
LoyaltyEric
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello Samsung and users, 

A month ago, I bought the Samsung S24 Ultra and transferred everything over from my previous phone, an S22. On the S22, there was a feature that I used quite frequently, as my job requires a lot of 2FA codes for logging into things. So, on the S22, I had set up to when I use my right index finger to unlock my phone, it also will open straight to the Google Authenticator app so I can see my codes for login right away instead of having to unlock my phone and then just open the app.  This may seem like not a big deal, but when you go from months of simply having to tap your index finger on the screen of your phone and it opens directly to exactly what you want, it is pretty annoying having to do the extra steps to get to where you want. 

So, to summarize my problem, now that I am on the Samsung S24 Ultra, I cannot, for the life of me, find that feature, either in Samsung settings or even through an app on the play store... Did Samsung remove this feature and not say anything? I really want this feature back, as it saved me time and distractions from my phone at work, because it wouldn't require me to be scrolling past other apps that I could potentially open.

I've been researching and searching everywhere and the only thing that I get back is locking apps or Samsung Pass biometric unlock, and what I had before were neither of those.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

was it possibly a routine you had setup? or could you set up one to do what you're asking?

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

was it possibly a routine you had setup? or could you set up one to do what you're asking?

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
LoyaltyEric
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes!! Thats it! I had that on the tip of my tongue for the last month. I think I even made it into the Modes and Routines app but didn't think it was that, because it opens on the Modes screen and that's not it. The small Routines tab at the bottom I had missed previously. 

Thank you so much for your reply, this will help me so much at work! 

Deja3
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Glad someone was able to help you! A quicker way to set this up is going through Routines+ (in the GoodLock app) and go to "Fingerprint to website", then edit the website action to open an app instead.
0 Likes