JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Voice transcript not working on S24 Ultra

(Topic created: 02-01-2024 09:01 AM)
vjc789
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

I just tried to transcript a voice recording I made on my S24 ultra and nothing happens. The AI feature gets to 29% transcript and just freezes and goes no further. The issues this phone is having is a big disappointed and a huge embarresment for Samsung. I think they rushed this phone release without really working out all the software bugs first. For a $1500 price tag on this phone it should never have these kind of issues when it's released to the public. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
10 Replies
ShadoweagL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I have encountered an issue with transcribing audio recordings made with the voice recorder. When selecting a recording from my list and press the Transcribe button (selecting the language and press Transcribe), the process does not progress after a certain percentage (29% in a test with a 25 minute recording and gets stuck). 

This is the case when choosing: English (United States).

Using another language, German results in a successful transcribed audio file. 

Using English (United Kingdom) also results in a successful transcribed audio file.

I removed the language file (English - United States) and downloaded it again, but this does not improve the situation or solve the issue. Checking in the app store shows there are no updates available to apply.

So it seems like the issue persists within the English (United States) file when trying to transcribe?