Original topic:

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU REMOVE THE ABILITY TO MAKE GIFS USING SMART SELECT?!!!

(Topic created: 2 hours ago)
SuzanoSho
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I used this feature WAAAAAAY more than the average person, to the point where I honestly would have avoided the 6.1.1 update like the plague had I known it would disappear. Are there any plans to add that functionality back into the phone?
9 Replies
WhiteShack
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Just like everyone else asking, no it's not coming back right now. Just because a few ppl used it, there still wasn't enough p using it to justify keeping it updated, so they just removed it all together.
0 Likes
SuzanoSho
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Sounds like you're guessing tbh. The GIF function was a part of the Smart Select app, which is literally what was recently updated.

Furthermore, the app itself received several NEW functions that literally no one has used. From a business standpoint, it would make no sense to axe something because it "wasn't being used enough" in favor of introducing functionality that has absolutely no attachment rate at all.

Lastly, there was nothing to update in regards to the GIF functionality itself. It has worked the same way since it's introduction and was essentially Screen Recording while cropping and saving the result in a specific format.
WhiteShack
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
That's your opinion, you're welcome to it.
0 Likes
yamialex
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
It's not an opinion it's based on business why would a business keep offering something if people aren't using it that makes no sense
Watchford
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Whitesack, I don't know why you believe you know that. I loved the GIF creator. It was a popular feature for years that worked great and didn't require changes to be made.
Mem0998
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Everyone used it you bozo lmao
0 Likes
Watchford
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Suzano, I am so annoyed by this, too. Many customers are complaining. It is ridiculous they removed a feature that has been around since the Note 5.
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
0 Likes
SuzanoSho
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It's most certainly not there.