Original topic:

Wanting to photograph upside down

(Topic created: Thursday)
Pilot_11
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Hi, I specifically want to take dramatic photos with my s24 ultra, by turning my camera upside-down (to get as close to the ground as possible). But my camera "constantly" auto-rotates - so it's always taking a photo the right way up. Is there away to resolve this? Thanks.
0 Likes
4 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Take the photo right side up and flip it or use a regular digital camera. Phone cameras do not seem to be designed for this type of photography.

0 Likes
Pilot_11
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you. I did try, its not the same. I saw someone in an s24 ultra tutorial on YouTube turn their camera upside down and put it on a pebble beach and photograph a historic building in the background. It looked amazing. He could do it, my phone won't do that. I also can't video in portrait then turn it to landscape whike filming, without the video going lopsided
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Maybe the S24 has different camera settings than my lower model, that would make some sense, since the camera is different. The other user also could have been using a third party camera app. If it was a tutorial, the tutor should have mentioned how to set the caneta to not rotate. Also, I just checked, I do not have a problem with rotation in video-it's a smooth transition. Do you have video stabilization turned on?
0 Likes
Pilot_11
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, the video stabilization is switched on. I cleared the cache a few times too. No change. Thank you for your suggestions.
0 Likes