Original topic:

Where is my update? (6.1 S24 Ultra)

(Topic created: 08-04-2024 11:00 AM)
hmcfly
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I have a S24ultra  and I haven't  even been  updated  to 6.1 and now they are talking  about  7.0 what gives I was told that 6.1 should  be out now but not for me

7 Replies
BruZZi
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24

You meant  6.1.1

its not out yet. Should be available anyday.

meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
You should be at ui 6.1 the 6.1.1 isn't releasd yet as far as I know the ui 7 has been delayed for beta
yamialex
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
This is from a Samsung rep from their Twitter support we send all updates to the carriers and then it's up to the carriers to send those updates to the phones
0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
True that is how they get released
0 Likes
yamialex
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Which means that you have to start getting on top of your carrier if you want updates in a timely manner Samsung shouldn't be the ones to let the carriers do it you don't see Apple users having the same issue where they have to wait for weeks or sometimes almost till the end of the month to get an update that's supposed to secure their phone the second there is an update it gets sent to All eligible devices and they can update but Android seems to be the only operating system that says oh we'll let the carriers do it and it's not a priority for carriers to send updates out
0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm not the one with the inquiry but also the phone can cause issues with getting updates
0 Likes
yamialex
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
That's because the Samsung has said that the carriers take longer with unlocked devices cuz they have to manually approve the updates to ensure they work with the network which is bull if it's a phone directly from Samsung totally unlocked factory unlocked whatever Samsung should be in charge of the updates if it's a carrier locked one then yes let the carriers do it or copy Apple and let Samsung send all updates directly to the device if it's eligible this whole middleman thing with the carriers causes nothing but problems