Original topic:

Wired headphones

(Topic created: 08-29-2024 03:21 PM)
MJ4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I bought dongle to connect my wired Samsung headphones, but they are not working with phone. They do work if I plug them into jack on computer speaker. I restarted phone with dongle attached but still not receiving music through wired headphones. 
6 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you plugged the dongle into something else to confirm the dongle isn't bad?

You've confirmed the headphones work
0 Likes
MJ4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes, I just plugged the dongle into my Dell PC's USB-c w/ headphones -found a video on F.B. and it about blew out my ear!  

0 Likes
MJ4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
  This is the description on the Dongle I purchased from Amazon.  There must be a setting in the phone that I've missed? 

UGREEN USB C to 3.5mm Audio Adapter Type C to Headphone Aux Jack Dongle 24bit/96kHz HiFi DAC Cable Cord Compatible with iPhone 15 Pro Max/15 Pro/15 Plus, iPad, Galaxy S24 S23 Ultra, Pixel 8, Grey

0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

These adapters need to have a DAC build into them for them to work.  It does not just work with any USB-C to 3.5mm adapter.

0 Likes
MJ4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Headphones work, I don't know about dongle. It's new from Amazon UGreen USB C to 3.5 . Phone is Samsug Galaxy S24+.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Again, the adapter (the usb-c to 3.5mm thingy) would need to have a DAC built into it for it to work with any set of headphones.

0 Likes