Original topic:

Working With Night Shot & How to Change it

(Topic created: a month ago)
CallidaP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

When I pull my phone out in low light to get a picture of my baby doing something cool, I often miss the moment because of automatic night shot. I'm trying to find a way to turn automatic night shot off, but I don't see one. Am I the only one bothered by this? I love night shot, but I want to choose when to use it.

9 Replies
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Here are a couple of solutions for you (1) have the flash set to either Auto or Always on (2) if flash is set to of tap on the :crescent_moon: icon to turn it on or off1723809665189.jpg
CallidaP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Hi! I don't want the flash on haha but I appreciate it! I want the picture in whatever dim brightness it is šŸ™‚

I just want the option to not have night shot automatically on but also not blind myself and others šŸ˜‚
Options
Galaxy S24

Okay, here's how to fix the slower (but better) night shot.

Turn on your rear camera.
Hold your hand over the lenses.
At this point, you should see a yellow symbol on the bottom right that says Nightshot,
Touch that symbol, and you'll see it will change to Night shot OFF.

Next turn off the flash.

That should be it.

if this fixes your issue, please mark it as a solution for the next person.

CallidaP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Hi Rob! I want night shot to not automatically turn on in a dark setting.

Thanks. I know how to turn it off when it turns on but sometimes that tiny moon is hard to see and when it starts taking the VERY SLOW night photo it is already too late and the moment is passed. I would like for Samsung to have or install in an update a feature to turn off the "automatically turn on night shot in the dark" for people who are adept at technology and want to take photos of moving persons like their children in a dim room without having to click the moon every single time. I am capable of editing low light photos to look great and just want to be able to capture moments that happen fast without having to click additional buttons.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24

If you do what I said, it stays off, I'm pretty sure.
Sorry you missed your moment. Turn it off and and turn off the flash then you won't miss the next one.

DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
It worked after setting flash to off. My image kinda helps, maybe. Sorry for weird image, using cloth to block cams to force night mode.Screenshot_20240819_132732_Camera_1000006152_1724088453.png
Options
Galaxy S24

Can you mark the fix I listed above as the solution. I edited it to add turn off the flash. This way the next guy can figure it out easy. Also glad it works now for you. 

DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
šŸ‘ you got it, marking it as solution
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Silly me, isn't it on the OP to mark it resolved?
0 Likes