JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

default weather app uninstalled, attempting to reinstall

(Topic created: 08-05-2024 02:10 AM)
aknatn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I somehow managed to uninstall the built-in weather app on my s24ultra, running latest software, attempting to reinstall it using the official apk results in this. help

14 Replies
MrXGeekX
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Oh wait, I did the wrong one
0 Likes
userQW9XHids24
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I notice that you have 2 weather apps listed in you screen shot and one happens to be from mirror.com. This is called side-loading and
ikely an incompatible or corrupt apk. Like MrXGeekX wrote, try using the correct app for your device and download it from the Galaxy Store.
Be careful with side-loading apps, especially if you don't know what to do if something goes wrong
0 Likes
aknatn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
im aware of what sidelining is, they are the signed, hash verifiable apps from Samsung, no matter if I installed from termux or from the built in package installer, it would not complete.
0 Likes
aknatn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
and yeah, thanks for the advice, I'm sure you're experienced with more novice android users, but yeah I was attempting to do a non-root degoogling of my Samsung device and an application I was using uninstalled the weather app for some reason! thanks for the help though
0 Likes
Weedermeier
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Speaking of the weather app, how do I make it show the actual temperature, instead of a "Feels Like" temp?
I'm old school and grew up being used to adjusting for humidity and micro-climates within the state.
0 Likes