JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

notification for syncing emails... won't go away

(Topic created: 05-04-2024 11:10 AM)
userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Starting either late last night or this morning there is an e-mail icon in the left corner and notification of "syncing emails...."  and notification says "1 active in background>.  When I click on that it says check background activity and notes email is running.  I think this was caused by some update in the past few days but not sure how to go back to prior.  Not sure if this is using battery to keep trying to sync.

I've cleared the cache, closed the program, etc but nothing seems to fix this.

Any pros know if there is a fix in the works?  Thanks.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
183 Replies
ardy_zhu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

For now i think the solution uninstall the samsung store version and install play store version older update, this works for me, try it!!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S24
Both the Google Play Store and the Samsung Store have the latest version. 6.1.91.13 I did find the Samsung Email version 6.1.90.16 from December 2023 and downloaded it and am no longer having the email app run in the background constantly. Here is a link to the apk for the version before this newest update. Just make sure you uninstall the app first before installing this one. I'm not going to update it until I know the app has been updated again and fixed.

https://www.filemail.com/d/xforcusnbjnidzi
Kara7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

This works. Thankyou. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S24

Your welcome. I could not stand it running in the background constantly. The notification was not an issue for me, the app running constantly in the background was. I'm just going to keep using the older version of the email app until I know it's fixed. Just don't update it again until it's fixed.

0 Likes
Daboys2222
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

You are currently my favorite person in the world.  It was driving me nuts!!!!  I hope mine doesn't auto update! 😏

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine did auto update. I had to reinstall the older version again and turn off auto updates for the Samsung Store and the Google Play Store. I'll update the app and turn auto updates on for both after I know the app has been fixed.
0 Likes
edelbrock600cfm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same thing just started on mine in the last hour.
0 Likes
userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

HT Wingnut, a Reddit user, posted this and suggested we do same.  It is the way Samsung wants error reports sent.  This forum won't allow links so move the www back over to the // before clicking.

I just sent a bug report using this method: https://   www.  samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/raising-an-error-report-via-samsung-members-app/ 

If we all do the same it should hopefully get their attention.

0 Likes
The Bee Keeper 69
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Its not Just on the 24, I have a 23 and its doing the same thing

0 Likes
Upsetter
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

And a 22