JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

notification for syncing emails... won't go away

(Topic created: a week ago)
userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Starting either late last night or this morning there is an e-mail icon in the left corner and notification of "syncing emails...."  and notification says "1 active in background>.  When I click on that it says check background activity and notes email is running.  I think this was caused by some update in the past few days but not sure how to go back to prior.  Not sure if this is using battery to keep trying to sync.

I've cleared the cache, closed the program, etc but nothing seems to fix this.

Any pros know if there is a fix in the works?  Thanks.

183 Replies
user4hWalWXBFR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Tried that. I reinstalled and it immediately showed up again. I'm going to try a different email program. Obviously Samsung can't run its own app.
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
alternatively, you could toggle off the notifications from the email syncing category
0 Likes
Members_5v7f8UX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same error.  It started last night on my Samsung S21.

useryZaR95dpYY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Mine too. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, did not resolve the issue. Havr you figured it out yet?

userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

No, but it appears to be from an update a few days ago, I guess to email. Reddit has lots of complaints.  Someone suggested disabling the notification.

Others are stating same, just got another e-mail from someone stating same problem.  By now Samsung should be aware hopefully and will get it fixed soon.

I'm still hoping that there's a fix for the connecting to server problem when you go in to see if a new one UI update has dropped yet.

Thanks for all the reassurance that it's not me LOL!

stuartmcmahon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Definitely not update related, the syncing notification showed up on my phone this morning and i didn't install the update. I have now and the notification is still there.

XxSemanticsxX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Same issue here after the mail app updated yesterday
0 Likes
Cdunn2000
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Add another one..same here. I have cleared, deleted and reinstalled the email app and still "sync" message won't go away.

0 Likes
userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Okay, so I just posted on the Play Store app a review stating they have over 1 billion downloads and complaints on both Reddit and Samsung so why hasn't this been fixed? Anyone else feel like venting over there?  One small fix I did find:

Settings, Notifications, App notifications, scroll to the email icon and hold it for a second to open it, scroll to the bottom for notification catagories.  Turn off email sync notification.  This will at least get rid of the icon in the left corner and appears to stop the syncing emails... message but does still run in the background.

Members_RiGuopP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Sadly I don't see notification categories in my App notifications. I'm S23....

This is driving me bonkers! So glad to know I'm not the only one.