Original topic:

s24+ camera is garbage even after mode recent update (march 7th)

(Topic created: 03-10-2024 04:36 PM)
katherinexo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
any one get the s24+ and think that the camera absolutely sucks?

the 12mp is better then 50mp

and both are worse then the camera on my s22+

what is happening?

also, anyone know how to stop the post auto edits? 50mp photo go through an auto edit filter and it's washes out the photos
7 Replies
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@katherinexo 

I don't have the S24 (any model), but it reminds me of the S20 Ultra, and when it came out with its 108MP main camera sensor, people were raving about it... but for me, every picture I took looked terrible. I don't do it often, but I just sold that phone and kept using my previous one for a few more months. I don't know what the solution is, I realize it's not a useful comment. I still have my S22 Ultra and it does a good job.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ā¤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" ā¬‡

0 Likes
katherinexo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I traded in my s22 for the s24, but it seems that Samsungs software can't keep up with the phone they built so it's producing absolute trash
StarfallArc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
The only way to stop auto processing is to use raw, in pro mode. As for the first part, that does not sound right. Cameras aren't much better but definitely should not be worse. Try to reset the camera app (clear data)
katherinexo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I've reset the camera multiple times. the pictures are seriously lacking in comparison to my s22+20240309_185008_1000000987_1710028208.jpg20240310_081741_1000000785_1710073061.jpg
0 Likes
lostone123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
the s24+ camera software is highly flawed and worse than an s8!!!! My s22plus was the last perfect camera samsung made.
cevichebiche
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
You folks are not alone. I upgraded from an S21 Plus to an S24 Plus. The S24 Plus is great all around...except for the camera, which is by far the worst I've ever seen or used in a smartphone. It's terrible at a deal breaker level. Katherine's toy car photos capture the issues well: just a grainy, noisy mess, especially when you zoom in, and then post-processing kicks in right after the photo is taken no matter what Intelligent Optimization setting you choose, making it a high-contrast grainy noisy mess. Using Pro Mode helps, but not much. Resetting the camera app doesn't help. Using a higher resolution doesn't help. The past two software updates didn't help...

What does seem to make a difference, is using a third party app that can take photos, such as WhatsApp. And the sad part is that while WhatsApp photos are always compressed, they still look better than anything captured using the Samsung camera app. Looks to be a software issue based on that observation. What a major disappointment from Samsung.

I don't know what the many phone reviewers all over the net are looking at, because while they continually give this phone's camera such stellar reviews, I have yet to take a single photo that I consider satisfactory. My S21 Plus was the exact opposite, and now that I've traded it in, I miss it. Please fix this, Samsung! lostone123 says the S24 Plus camera is worse than an S8, but that's an understatement. I still have photos from my S4, and the S24 photos are worse than that!
Tartz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I agree, the "intelligent Optimization" is trash and it's a huge flaw that we can't turn this off. I'm a professional photographer and it's absolutely heartbreaking seeing my photos auto edit into garbage. Is there anywhere we can review this? Have our complaints get heard? This should be fixable with an update and it needs to happen.
0 Likes