JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

weird name in my contacts

(Topic created: 05-04-2024 05:47 AM)
Tdaul
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

my boyfriend has my number saved in his phone, but there was another contact with my number and my name but with a strange name attached to it also saved in his phone about a month ago it says.. have I been hacked? 

tnd

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
fahimhabib2605
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

It's unlikely that you've been hacked. Duplicate contacts or strange names associated with your number can occur due to syncing errors or third-party apps. Try syncing contacts or checking for any recently installed apps that might affect contacts. If the issue persists, consider contacting Samsung support for further assistance.

View solution in context

4 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@Tdaul It is saved in his phone. Why would you think that you have been hacked? Am I misunderstanding? 

Your phone doesn't create a contact in his phone. 

Sounds like he mistyped something when entering the contact on his phone. 

0 Likes
Tdaul
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

its my account but its in his phone.. I was looking for him since guys don't like to ask for help lol

tnd
0 Likes
kerrid
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Your Google account?
0 Likes
Solution
fahimhabib2605
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

It's unlikely that you've been hacked. Duplicate contacts or strange names associated with your number can occur due to syncing errors or third-party apps. Try syncing contacts or checking for any recently installed apps that might affect contacts. If the issue persists, consider contacting Samsung support for further assistance.