JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

2 questions: screen lock, and goodnight mode

(Topic created: 09-15-2020 07:39 AM)
cara_m
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

1) The screen is so sensitive, on my Active2, that accidentally touching it to anything (chair arm, pillow, etc.) can delete apps from my screen.  It goes into edit mode, and sometimes deletes whatever app is showing at that time.  I read about screen locks, but it seems awfully manual (and doesn't work as described in the manual, anyway).  Is there any way to lock the screen after a certain amount of time, to prevent this from happening?

2) When I accidentally forget to turn off "goodnight" mode, in the morning -- does the watch NOT track my steps, or my inactive time?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy Watch

For (1) I assume that WA2 has similar options as the GW so look under Settings/Advanced on the watch and see if disabling the various wake up options would work better for you. (Thinking of waking up by screen touch and perhaps there is also a setting for "rotating" the electronic bezel, and so on. If you switch them all off it doesn't wake up unless you press a button.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Options
Galaxy Watch

For (1) I assume that WA2 has similar options as the GW so look under Settings/Advanced on the watch and see if disabling the various wake up options would work better for you. (Thinking of waking up by screen touch and perhaps there is also a setting for "rotating" the electronic bezel, and so on. If you switch them all off it doesn't wake up unless you press a button.

cara_m
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for the suggestions.  Unfortunately, both options are already disabled.  I turned off the 'wake up' options because of their impact on battery life, and recently turned off the bezel option thinking it would help with the accidental touches, but it doesn't.

Do Samsung employees ever visit these forums?

0 Likes
cara_m
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Correction to my previous reply -- I had turned off the wake on gesture, but the wake on touch was still on.  Turned it off, and that should do the trick.

Thank you!

0 Likes