JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

3d party watch faces for my brand new Galaxy Watch 5 Pro takes very long time to install, or fail

(Topic created: 02-01-2024 11:26 AM)
SecCon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I browse through collections of Faces for my Galaxy Watch 5 Pro and try to find something I like. There are a few with huge collections, like Matteo Dini, styles4you, Matveyan and a few others. Since the faces available by Samsung are kinda uninteresting in most ways I select (and pay) for other faces I just find look better and have better functionality.

But some, if not most of these, take very long time to "load up" in to the watch. Matteo Dini and Matveyan seems to install its faces within the Wear app on my Samsung Galaxy Note20 5G phone, and be installable from there, while the styles4you brand install them as a separate app on the phone, that I have to activate to get them on the watch, and that seems to be a very slow method. While the face itself seems to be about 7MB in size, the "download" only get maybe 100KB to start, and just stands still, not doing anything at all for many minutes, 10-15 I guess, until the "REFUND / INSTALL" buttons reappear, and I press "INSTALL" for maybe the 4th time and then give up, for the 20th time.

This is not what I expect, and I wonder if it could be related to the Face developer or some other issue. The watch has NOT been customized in any other way nor has any other apps been installed, quite to contrary, I have done my best to remove apps I do not use that came with the default assortment, like several entertainment and media apps, (Spotify and such).

All updates are installed, also takes a very long time,  the watch is fully charged (phone is also fully updated).

I realize the watch's hardware have limited performance, but what I am experiencing is ridiculous. Did you only supply it with a K56Flex dial-up Modem from the 90's (I actually used those ) ... ?

Advice?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SecCon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I found the issue. Was under the impression that the watch accessed network via the phone,  but that was not the case. Turns out it has its own connection via its own wifi card and its own MAC address, which needed opening in my firewall.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
SecCon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I found the issue. Was under the impression that the watch accessed network via the phone,  but that was not the case. Turns out it has its own connection via its own wifi card and its own MAC address, which needed opening in my firewall.

0 Likes
Lobonca
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
I use Facer for tons of interesting and beautiful faces.
0 Likes