JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Media control bug on Galaxy watch 6

(Topic created: 10-05-2023 11:21 PM)
Donoban
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi. I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch6. When I am playing music on my phone, I am able to see the media control on my watch. However, if I press the Play/pause symbol on my watch, the music does stop/play, but then the watch goes to this screen which is blank and has a light going round and round the edge.  This seems to be a bug because the screen is useless. It's almost like it's trying to load something, but doesn't. I am able to swipe up and it brings me to the volume control that works, but swiping back down will bring me to the same black screen with the light going around the edge. I am using Amazon music to play on my phone.  The issue does not occur when using Spotify. The pause/play function works fine and does not go to the black screen with spinning light.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Donoban
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Oh I think solved it, sort of.. so I was curious what would happen if I uninstalled Amazon Music from my watch, how would the media control work. So I uninstalled Amazon Music on my phone and now the black screen issue is gone. I am now able to control things just like Spotify. So it does seem like an issue between Amazon music and the Samsung media control ☺️ 

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Welcome to the Samsung Community! 🙂
Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps so far?
0 Likes
Donoban
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Where can I find the troubleshooting for this issue?

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch
Oh I was just curious if you had tried anything yet so we could avoid unnecessary steps lol. Are you positive this doesn't occur with any other apps, like Netflix or YouTube? Only Amazon Music?
0 Likes
Donoban
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't have YouTube or Netflix on my watch, only my phone. Plus I would only want to control mainly audio Spotify/Amazon music, via my watch to my phone. I think it must be some software bug between Samsung media control and Amazon music on the Watch6. I say that because it functions fine with Spotify. 

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch
Any media that is played on your phone will be able to be controlled on your watch. You do not need the app installed on the watch itself. Could you test it on other media apps really quick to check if this is an "only Amazon" problem? Maybe there is a conflict? If it's only Amazon Music, try uninstalling the app from your watch if it's installed there. It isn't an issue between the media controller and Amazon, rather the media controller is acting up because of the duplication.
0 Likes
Solution
Donoban
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Oh I think solved it, sort of.. so I was curious what would happen if I uninstalled Amazon Music from my watch, how would the media control work. So I uninstalled Amazon Music on my phone and now the black screen issue is gone. I am now able to control things just like Spotify. So it does seem like an issue between Amazon music and the Samsung media control ☺️ 

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch
Glad all is working now! 😁
Donoban
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you 

Members_9Jo4hv4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I got my watch a week ago. 6 classic. Exact thing happened to me. For a week the media controller worked fine. Over the weekend it stop and the same blank screen with the spinning light. 

Tried everything but couldn't get media controller to work for Amazon music.

Uninstalled app on phone, reinstalled and seems to work.

Haven't used enough apps to know if it is pervasive but definitely issue with Amazon music.

I have media controller on watch face quick access and on scrolling tiles. Neither worked appropriately 

0 Likes