JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Active watch 2 number sync and data issues

(Topic created: 07-29-2020 11:26 AM)
zdcd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ever since the update on July 26th I am having issues with getting numbersync to connect and play music through spotify through the LTE. It worked great up until yesterday and now it's pretty much a bluetooth watch that can call and text from it's own number. Is this happening to anyone else? Because this watch has constantly seemed to be having issues with it features it seems.

39 Replies
userR5kogVcPUK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the same problem.  It worked fine until the update and now will not connect.

MariaR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue here.

Galaxy Watch Active2 LTE with a Galaxy Note 8 - both devices purchased directly with AT&T.

Active2 watch received update yesterday and now NumberSync does not work. I keep getting an error message "Mobile network unavailable" everytime I try to go through the watch menu attempting to enable NumberSync.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Devices on AT&T: Note 20 Ultra (SM-N986U); Active2 LTE (SM-R835U); Buds Live (SM-R180)
MariaR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Update:

After all day troubleshooting with AT&T over the phone and also inside my local store today it seems it's not simply a NumberSync issue but rather the watch itself does not have a mobile data connection at all. The phone line function is fine and the watch can receive calls but there is no internet connection at all; hence why I keep getting the error "Mobile network unavailable".

Eventually I had to call Samsung to initiate a warranty service request since my watch was purchased less than a year ago.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Devices on AT&T: Note 20 Ultra (SM-N986U); Active2 LTE (SM-R835U); Buds Live (SM-R180)
zdcd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had a feeling it was something with the watch just because of the fact that you can still do phone calls and texts through it. Thank you for the clarification. I hate calling at&t so I know I appreciate the info. Let me know how the warranty service goes and if it fixes it. Mine is still under a year so I may to that route too.

MariaR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Update 08/05/2020: Samsung repair received my watch and I just now got an email confirmation that my watch is "fixed" and it's been sent back to me. Apparently the Samsung repair ticket indicates the solution as "REPLACED PBA". (I have no idea what PBA means.)

I could have sworn it was due to the recent software update since a lot of other people are having the same issue. I could be wrong with the whole blaming it on the software update but I have a feeling I'm not wrong...

zdcd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for the follow up! Good that they repaired something because that means something was definitely wrong. I believe PBA is its board assembly. I don't think your wrong about the update doing something either but, I do wonder if it jacked up all of our watches board assembly.

If you don't mind let me know when you get the watch and if it's truly fixed because then I will go the same route. Again Thank you for your follow up.

user2wshAVAJfK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, thank you!!

I agree, PBA is probably either board assembly or board antenna.

Please let us know if Numbersyn successfully works again - I will also follow your lead 🙂

0 Likes
userJZd0QIMWCi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just left the ATT store, guess I should've read this first. Wondering if Samsung plans to fix this anytime soon?? Paying for a watch that I can't use at full functionality is extremely irritating!!!

user8K8gxaEeZj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever figure it out?

0 Likes