JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Alexa or Google Assistant but pls not Bixby

(Topic created: a week ago)
FabricioC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought a Samsung Watch 6 Classic, and I'm very happy with my purchase. I want to install a voice assistant that's compatible with my devices, like Alexa or Google Assistant, but I discovered that these assistants can't be installed and are not available for my device in the Play Store. It seems crazy that a device with the features of this Samsung watch forces us to use Bixby, a very limited assistant. How can I at least install Google Assistant?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the importance that assistants play in our daily lives as I use my Google Assistant regularly. Google Assistant is now available on Galaxy watches with Wear OS. Now you’ll have another handy assistant who can help you with your daily tasks, such as setting alarms or timers, making reminders, and even controlling music! Just give it your command, and Google Assistant will be happy to oblige. Please use this link to set up the Google Assistant on your watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00090782/

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Alexa and Google assist are two different companies
h0n3st
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
google assistant is pre-installed you gotta go to settings > advance feature > customize buttons, you should find the option to change assistants there. make sure you have the "Google assistant" app installed.
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
Has to be setup first before it shows under the button options
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the importance that assistants play in our daily lives as I use my Google Assistant regularly. Google Assistant is now available on Galaxy watches with Wear OS. Now you’ll have another handy assistant who can help you with your daily tasks, such as setting alarms or timers, making reminders, and even controlling music! Just give it your command, and Google Assistant will be happy to oblige. Please use this link to set up the Google Assistant on your watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00090782/

0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
I use assistant
meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Google assistant is in the play store and tends to be installed already
0 Likes