JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Annoying notification when not connected to phone

(Topic created: 01-07-2020 05:12 PM)
user3ckEDyyXrF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have an Samsung s8 and Galaxy watch, both updated to latest builds.  Every time I am wearing my watch and walk out of bluetooth distance of my phone, I get a notification on the watch.  This is especially annoying when my phone is charging and I'm walking around my house, going in and out of bluetooth range.  I tried experimenting with the notification settings in the Galaxy Wearable app, but can't find the one that handles that notification.  Anyone have any ideas?

19 Replies
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,

Just to clarify, What notification are you getting?

0 Likes
userfvSiUtAcWk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am facing the same issue. The annoying part is the beeping/vibration of the watch whenever out of range then back in range.  I fully agree there should be an option to toggle this notification on/off.

The notifications are:

1- Notification on the phone saying now connected or now disconnected from the watch.  To me this is not as much annoying as the second notification.

2- Notification on the watch (beep/vibrate) whenever I walk away from my phone's blutooth range and then back into the range.  It happened few times I'm just at the limits of the range and the watch was beeping for connection then disconnection then again and again.

Regards,

userfvSiUtAcWk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

In addition to my previous reply, I need to mention one additional "silent" notification that is very nice, convenient, and non-disturbing.

When the watch disconnects from bluetooth, the clock face will show (at 12 o'clock) a tiny watch icon.  This indicates the watch is on its own and not connected to the phone.  It is indeed a professional silent notification.

Regards,

Solution
The_Oracle
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@user3ckEDyyXrF wrote:

Every time I am wearing my watch and walk out of bluetooth distance of my phone, I get a notification on the watch.  This is especially annoying .... going in and out of bluetooth range.  I tried experimenting with the notification settings in the Galaxy Wearable app, but can't find the one that handles that notification.  Anyone have any ideas?

The setting is not in the app, it's in the watch.

Settings=>Connections=>Alerts (Get bluetooth disconnection alerts) 

Just switch it off.

userVHhJAv6B9P
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Perfect. Thank you! 

usermf9CLxBSev
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Turning off the bluetooth disconnection alerts still doesn't stop me from getting a notification on my S9+ saying the watch is disconnected when I step out of range though. 

0 Likes
user51ObnDpFbS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
You go to Galaxy watch screen on you phone. When you have it showing the battery, storage and ram at the top of the screen press the 3 horizontal lines at the top left. After you go to 'app notifications' and turn off 'device disconnected'
user5cqzHVmrrv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you.  This was driving me up the wall. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
userXIDIUbYNFZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  This worked!

0 Likes