JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't get Watch6 Classic past allow Manager permissions

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
dmck1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I confirm the number on the phone and watch. I agree to all notices and agreements, and after hitting "Continue", the watch says "Check your phone to complete setup." and the phone pops up asking to "Allow Galaxy Watch6 Manager to access Galaxy Watch6 Classic?" and lists Notifications, Phone, Call logs, and SMS. At the bottom is "Allow" and "Don't allow", but they are grayed out and there is a "Cancel" button and another that just spins dots continuously until the watch says it couldn't connect to the phone and "Reset".  If I click the spinning dots, it goes back to search for a device to add. I went into the phone and allowed the Manager app access to those four categories, but it's doing the same thing. I can't get to any menu on the watch because it's not set up. I've rebooted the phone and the watch, but no change in activity. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
dmck1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

That may have been the issue. It wasn't clear there was more to scroll down and see. All set now, though, thanks.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've seen uninstalling the wearable app and reinstalling and resetting the watch will fix this issue

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

dmck1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I believe what fixed it was to go to phone settings and manually allow the required access permissions for the Wearable app and the Watch6 Manager app. All set now.
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
Are you scrolling all the way, sometimes its grayed out until they think you read everything
Solution
dmck1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

That may have been the issue. It wasn't clear there was more to scroll down and see. All set now, though, thanks.

0 Likes