Original topic:

Galaxy watches won't complete setup with phone

(Topic created: 12-13-2022 06:50 PM)
userxFMLXr5DPw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Help, please!!! 

Watches (both 4 Classic and 5 Pro) will not finish setup with Wearable app. Setup starts with the watch and phone finding each other and matching numbers, gets through permissions, gets to "Getting your watch ready. This may take a few minutes..." with percentage progress wheel, then freezes somewhere between 80-90%. After staying frozen for 5-10minutes, pop-up message appears that the connection could not be completed, and to try again. Watch displays message to reset it and try again, showing a "reset" button as the only option. 

I have uninstalled/reinstalled Wearable app (both from Samsung store and Google store). I have cleared data and cache for the app. I have made sure all permissions are enabled for Google Play Services and all Wearable and related apps. I have restarted my phone. I have tried data, wifi, and both together. I have restarted, reset, and rebooted the Watches. 

Phone being used is Note 20 Ultra, running on Android 12 (no 13 available yet). All apps are fully updated. 

Buds and Buds 2 will still connect to Wearable with no problem, only the Watches won't connect. 

The problem was originally only with the Watch 5 Pro, because I was upgrading, but once I disconnected the Watch 4 Classic to see if that helped the 5 problem, it made me reset it, and now it will not connect, either. I spoke with Tech Support on the phone yesterday, regarding only the 5 (I hadn't realized the 4 was a problem yet), and they decided that the Watch was faulty, and I should replace it. I did, and this is the second 5 Pro that won't connect. That, plus the 4 Classic not connecting, makes me think it is a problem with the app or my phone, but I don't know what or how. 

Can anyone think of anything else for me to try? Thank you in advance!! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with your watches not connecting your phone and would be happy to look into this further for you. If your watch does not pair to a phone, or if it randomly disconnects, restart your watch. You should also make sure the Galaxy wearable app is up-to-date, but it may be necessary to reset the app and unpair your watch. Give this link a try for possible troubleshooting steps to resolve the symptoms you are experiencing: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003238/

The next step I would recommend is resetting your network settings. Please know this will remove any paired Bluetooth devices and saved Wi-Fi networks. Give these steps a try: Go to settings > general management > Reset > reset network settings

If you have tried these troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend a service repair. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For international watches, please reach out to a support team member in your country for further assistance using the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

View solution in context

10 Replies
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
Try rebooting your phone into recovery mode and clearing the cache partition.
userxFMLXr5DPw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
That was an excellent thought, but unfortunately it didn't work. Thanks, though!
Rosie0224
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had this issue ended up letting it do the 20 million updates that it seemed like it was updating all of the sudden the watch worked like normal ever since mine is a 4 classic
userxFMLXr5DPw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've downloaded every update that I can find, even for seemingly unrelated apps. Good suggestion, though!
watchpain
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the same issue with my LTE Galaxy watch 5. I get to the Google terms & the screen freezes. Set up will not complete. I have also tried every trick, suggestions that I could find & nothing has worked. I have reset, rebooted. Installed & uninstalled Wearable app. Cleared the cache for every app that I thought might have anything to do with this. Ect, Ect. I am frustrated beyond words

I have Galaxy S22 so you would think there wouldn't be an issue. Also I've done every update I can find. The Wearable app also causes other apps on my phone to crash.
userxFMLXr5DPw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
If I figure it out, I'll let you know! This is sooo frustrating!!
watchpain
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I would appreciate it! I have tried everything I've found here or on the web. I will probably wind up returning the watch. I had ordered the Bluetooth version before I got the LTE version, and it would not connect either.
userxFMLXr5DPw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
This is my second Bluetooth one that won't connect! That and the fact that my LTE 4Classic won't connect, makes me think it's something with the app, but who knows!
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with your watches not connecting your phone and would be happy to look into this further for you. If your watch does not pair to a phone, or if it randomly disconnects, restart your watch. You should also make sure the Galaxy wearable app is up-to-date, but it may be necessary to reset the app and unpair your watch. Give this link a try for possible troubleshooting steps to resolve the symptoms you are experiencing: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003238/

The next step I would recommend is resetting your network settings. Please know this will remove any paired Bluetooth devices and saved Wi-Fi networks. Give these steps a try: Go to settings > general management > Reset > reset network settings

If you have tried these troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend a service repair. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For international watches, please reach out to a support team member in your country for further assistance using the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html