JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't snooze or dismiss alarm on Galaxy Watch6

(Topic created: 01-04-2024 04:30 PM)
Roo8675309
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Watch6 and a Samsung Galaxy S22. When I set an alarm on my phone, it vibrates on my watch and phone at the same time, as expected. However, on my watch, I do not have the option to snooze or dismiss the alarm as I did on past Galaxy watches. Instead, it shows the playback screen as if I'm playing music. I do not have any music/audio/video apps open on my phone and I do not have anything else connected via bluetooth. I can't snooze the alarm by pressing the home or back button. It just continues to vibrate. I can only snooze or turn off via the phone. I have done the following troubleshooting :

Turned the watch off and on, turned the phone off and on.

Had the alarm set when the phone is on sleep mode, sleep mode off, screen on, screen off, charging, not charging.

Cleared the cache partition.

Unpaired and re-paired the watch.

Hard reset the watch.

It still doesn't work. I chatted with Samsung support and they are saying it has to be examined in person. The closest place is almost an hour away, so before I do that, I am trying to find a resolution online. 

The image is what I shows on the watch screen when the alarm is going off. The blue music symbol (:musical_note:) shows in the bottom center. 

1000011162.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Roo8675309
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

That's so strange. I reset my watch, but I did use a backup, so I'm not sure if a complete wipe with no backup would work. However, I think I found a fix. On the watch, I went to settings>display>show media controls. I turned it off and my watch is now giving me the option to snooze or dismiss the alarm. It's working, although I'm not sure if it will impact any other settings with media/audio. 

View solution in context

9 Replies
Eliah01
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
You can try blocking notifications from clock app for the watch
0 Likes
Roo8675309
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for the reply - I want to be able to get the alarm notifications on my watch. I just want to be able to snooze/dismiss it like normal. 

0 Likes
Nebbettb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've a 4 classic and have this same problem. It started maybe a few months back. I've tried using alarms set on the watch as well as alarms set on the phone. Neither can be cancelled or snoozed from the watch. Like you mentioned, the screen that comes up on the watch is the media play app. My next thought is to try and reset the watch.

Solution
Roo8675309
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

That's so strange. I reset my watch, but I did use a backup, so I'm not sure if a complete wipe with no backup would work. However, I think I found a fix. On the watch, I went to settings>display>show media controls. I turned it off and my watch is now giving me the option to snooze or dismiss the alarm. It's working, although I'm not sure if it will impact any other settings with media/audio. 

userz8Sqr0vqOS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm gonna try the media controls setting and see if that helps. I've been having the exact problem you described. I think it has been since either an update to the watch or my phone or both. (Sadly I don't know which)
0 Likes
PAWPeter
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
WORKED!!!!! I wonder why it stopped working as I very seldom make any changes to the phone or the watch??
To your point 👉 let's see what will get impacted!
0 Likes
user34433
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Also having the exact issue. It seems to be a bug because my show media controls is also enabled, I will try what Roo suggested, thanks!
Stussy12321
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having the same issue and I think it might be due to an update because I haven't changed any settings and this issue just started happening out of the blue a week or two ago. I have a Samsung S23 Ultra phone and Samsung Watch 5 Pro.

0 Likes
sknutson
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the same issue. Watch6 Classic and S23 phone. Happened right after phone update. Hopefully they fix it soon.
0 Likes