Original topic:

Custom notification/ringtone

(Topic created: Thursday)
1337Yogi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, is there a way of adding custom notification/ringtone to my watch?

I have tried the method suggested by someone using the myWear File Explorer app. I added the notification sound I wanted into the notification folder (already on the watch with 0 files in) and the same for ringtone. I restarted my watch, then wen I go to settings > sounds and vibrations > the  either ringtone or notification sound it goes blank for a second then just goes back to the previous menu, i.e I can't even change the notification/ringtone sounds that are preloaded. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

** Galaxy Watch Ultra **

** Galaxy Z Fold5 **

0 Likes
3 Replies
CosmicRayr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
After all, I don't use a Galaxy Watch. But you probably need to use your phone to change it, or set it on the settings app if you have it on your watch. If it doesn't work, I suggest Googling it.
0 Likes
1337Yogi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yehhh... your reply is really not helpful at all. If you read what I put, I clearly already did some research on how to change my notification/ringtone... Thanks for taking time to reply to my question though /s.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes! The process is very similar to your phone, you just need to add the sound files to folders on your watch named Ringtones/Notifications. Here are the steps:

From the Wearable app on your phone>Manage content>Tracks on watch>select the + symbol top right to add the sound files. On your watch, install the myWear File Explorer app from the Google Play Store.

After granting myWear the necessary permissions, navigate to your watch's internal storage using the 3-dot menu. Create folders named Notifications and Ringtones if they don't already exist (again with the 3 dots).

Proceed to the Music folder> GalaxyWearable. Press and hold the sound file(s) you just added to the watch, select the 3 dots again, then tap "Copy".

Using the top right arrow, go back to the watch's internal storage and place the files in the appropriate folders using the checkmark. You may have to reboot your watch for the notifications/ringtones to show up.
0 Likes