Original topic:

Energy score sleep timing

(Topic created: 2 hours ago)
Brekin72
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Most of the things concerning my Energy score looks good (sleep consistency, sleep time, bed/wake time....) But under Sleep timing, it always says "needs attention", because my bed time does not fall into their "optimal range". I'm a night shift worker and sleep during the day, so that's never going to happen. Is there a way Samsung could address this? Not all of us are fortunate enough to have 9-5 day jobs. And some folks are natural "night owls" and function better when sleeping on a different schedule. I know, it's not a huge issue, but a little annoying at the same time because there's nothing I can do to change my sleep timing.
0 Likes
6 Replies
bellam035
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, could you upload a picture of the message?

This might be caused because of your sleep target. You can adjust that on your phone in Samsung Health.

0 Likes
Brekin72
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
This is what I'm getting. I already have my sleep target set to 8:30am-4pm, but it doesn't make a difference. 1721947119811.jpg
0 Likes
bellam035
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

It could be comparing it to average scores and sleep timing. You can just ignore it. It is there for those who are trying to improve their score and sleep.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
You can change your bed time hours. Go to the sleep tile, click on the 3 dot menu upper right, choose set target, and you can change you bed time and wake time by clicking the time in The circle.
1721946827793.jpg
Brekin72
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've done that. But Samsung Health still shows that my sleep timing needs attention and keeps giving me a lower energy score as a result.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
But, how do you feel? Did you do OK before the energy score was a thing? Does the energy score really matter? With all the things Samsung could have added to the health app, that would not be high up on my list of priorities. But, you are right, if they are going to add something like that, there should be adjustments for people with different sleep patterns. I, for instance, sleep in waves. If I wake up at 3 am and I am rested, then I am done and get up. If I am tired two hours later, I go back to sleep. If i tried to just stay in bed, I'd be in pain, I'd be bored, and I would not be tired.