JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Expanding battery on Active2 -- Screen pulling away from unit

(Topic created: 07-24-2023 12:26 PM)
user8ZQoOrA4g5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So I bought for my sister a Samsung - Galaxy Watch Active2 Under Armour Edition Smartwatch 40mm Aluminum - Aqua Black Model:SM-R830NZKUUDA 

I bought it from Best Buy, I still have the receipt. 

Today she was video chatting a friend and I walked in and she was showing this friend (and myself) the fact that the screen appeared to be lifting off of the watch. You could see where the adhesive was pulling away from the watch base. 

This is probably the fifth watch I've bought for her so she's a definite fan and probably won't change... but since I'm the one buying I probably will ._.

I personally feel it's very unsafe for her to continue to wear the device, so I currently have it sitting in a baggie in a bucket of sand. 

I am asking Samsung to step in and replace the unit. So the watch is currently connected to her account and I can have her contact Samsung, but as the person who bought it for her and has the receipt, I'm just making this post to get some traction on this issue. 

When my Apple Watch battery expanded, it was replaced for free even though it was out of warranty. I'm hoping to get the same service from Samsung. 

Can someone from Samsung please reach out to me? I bought the watch on May 1, 2021, so the unit is hardly over 2 years old. She just noticed it today. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

I can definitely see how this would be concerning! We do have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. I would encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved. 

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc. 

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864. 

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Facebook or Twitter Support teams to set up a call back. 

If you don’t wish to call, I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team.

Please feel free to reach out to one of our moderators as well using this link with the requested information above: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
TaylorTRC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Maybe she was changing it too much so that the screen could come off?
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

I can definitely see how this would be concerning! We do have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. I would encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved. 

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc. 

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864. 

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Facebook or Twitter Support teams to set up a call back. 

If you don’t wish to call, I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team.

Please feel free to reach out to one of our moderators as well using this link with the requested information above: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

0 Likes