Original topic:

Floors Tracking, part 2 - Feature Request

(Topic created: Tuesday)
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have pretty much determined that Galaxy Watches measure 10 foot floors. This floor height is NOT adjustable. This can result in inaccurate floor logging. 

I would request that Samsung provide a calibration setting for floor height intervals in Samsung Health. As I stated in my previous post: Floors Tracking, the discussion jogged my memory regarding floor height, which I have since confirmed. And, whereas industrial standards are not quite the same as domestic standards, a calibration setting would allow the user to set the standard that best meets their use. My suggestion for the calibration setting would be either a simple toggle between 8 feet or 10 feet, or a whole number user setting between 8 feet and 12 feet. 

As I found, quite to my chagrin, my GW7 actually tracks floors, but my home has 8 foot floors and the watch does not recognize 8 foot floors, but it does recognize 10 foot floors as those found in my son's home, and presumably 12 foot floors as found in certain industrial settings. 

Since our watches can track floors, this would make the metric useful to more of the user base. 

Thank you for your consideration. 

0 Likes
0 Replies