Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 7: disable notification from Health?

(Topic created: Sunday)
userVO2LXwVj1t
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

On Watch 7 I as a user is no longer allowed to disable the notification from Health because "device requires this permission to operate". It makes zero sense and should absolutely be fixed.

9 Replies
winegirl1968
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have a 5 pro and since the last update, I can't disable them either. I hate it!
userr3o01V7uJi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just switched from 5Pro to 7 and now there is no option to turn off Health notifications anywhere on my watch (even in developers options).

I have notifications for Health app turned off on my phone but that doesn't seem to do anything about my watch.

So annoying to have my phone wake me up in the morning to tell me my daily activities are set.

MEL1H
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

It is so annoying, hope somebody can find a way to disable that notifications.

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
The health notifications on the watch are coming from the companion app, not the phone app. You can directly disable the companion app notifications in the settings (watch settings/notifications/choose which apps are sllowed to send notifications. Scroll down and you will see two Samsung Health apps, slide off the one that says installed on watch), or the next time one comes up, open it up, scroll to the end of it, and there should be the option to turn off notifications from Samsung health on the watch.

I have the watch 4 and I never get these notifications after I've turned it off, except when they do an update to the health app.
userVO2LXwVj1t
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yeah you have a watch FOUR

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Does not change the fact that the notifications are coming from the watch version of Samsung health and you should be able to prevent them by going to the settings in the Wear app.  And, if one can't then it's just another reason to delay any watch upgrade I may be contemplating.

0 Likes
userVO2LXwVj1t
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Doesn't change the fact that what you provide is not a solution to my problem since I have done that on the first day receiving the watch. And, yes you should not upgrade.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

I tend not to upgrade if the device I am using is still functional for my needs.  If a new device has something I want or need, I may upgrade at some point.  And, I would never buy a new device (or car, or appliance) that is still in its first incarnation.

0 Likes
userVO2LXwVj1t
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Bump

0 Likes