JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch + Android Messages

(Topic created: 09-11-2018 02:58 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Samsung S9 and new Galaxy Watch.  Does anyone know of a way to use Android Messages on the watch?  The watch keeps telling me I have to use Samsung Messages to be able to retreive them.  I get notifications and can see the messages I sent, but I can't look at the "history" of Android Messages. 

Anyway to fix this?  I need a SMS application I can use on my Windows 10 PC and Samsung doesn't.  (I tried Flow and it's not ready for primetime).

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userZiRzJ6Cs7D
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Did you figure it out cuz I don't have the messager app on my watch either

@user34zJzMzNhH wrote:

I can't even find the messaging app on my Galaxy watch or in the gear app. What am I doing wrong?

userPrNYZifmil
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have no idea why we can't access message regularly but I found out that if you ask bixby on the watch "open message app". It actually takes you to the app it self I have no idea how to access it regularly tho.
userBcc6cqWYEk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Agree a I can't either.. only by going to the contact to message.

0 Likes
Yatman
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

"However, to text you need to go through the "contacts" app on the watch .if you click the "messages" app your watch will just say it isn't your primary texting app."

Thanks for that information. I couldn't figure this out at all. I had to revert to the Verizon Messenger, which isn't totally horrible, but it's nowhere near as good as the Android native Messenger. 

Hopefully there's a fix for this. I can't imagine what someone on a Pixel would do.

EDIT -- i tried to text from the contact info and i still see the "Cant retrieve your messages......." error message. Looks like I'm back to the Verizon messenger for now.

userKMDHIjBEHt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Pixel and can't find anyway to have a message app on my phone. VERY unhappy😣

0 Likes
userSMjzkjepmq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My problem is that I have a Gear S2 and I want to use Android Auto in my car. For some reason the Samsung messaging app stopped working with AA (sigh) and I can find no solution for that anywhere, so I want another messaging app that *will* work with AA...which leaves me with apps that don't work with my watch.

WHY IS EVERYTHING LIKE THIS

0 Likes
userAQiSr3k36L
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same for me. I'm ready to replace my brand new Galaxy watch.

- 5year Gear fan

userWt9xF6riZd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello! I just upgraded to s9 and had forgotten the fix,  but your message helped remind me.  

I do use messages+ for text personally,  but for the notifications (in the gear app),  you have to allow for Samsung messages and not messages+ (Verizon)

0 Likes
manfromva
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Download and install "notifications for gear" in the playstore. After setting it up properly you can receive and reply to text on your watch even if you use Android messages. This app has been around for a long time.

cmwilkerson
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
This works but is way too much work and not automatic. I want my messages to appear on the watch without multiple clicks.
0 Likes