Original topic:

Galaxy Watch5 post update issues

(Topic created: Friday)
t1arge
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I recently received an automatic update for the wearables app overnight, since recieving it I'm having major issues with battery life and connectivity.

About 3 days ago I received the update. Since recieving the update my watch will now not last longer than a day (where it would previously last almost 3). My phone is constantly hot and will last about 8 hours with the biggest battery consumption being google play services (which has been unstable these past 3 days), the galaxy watch 5 manager plugin and the galaxy wearables app all sitting above 1800mah consumption.

I've tried reaching out to Samsung who told me to book my device in for a repair but I don't think that's the issue here and I'm not willing to pay to find out it's software updates. The Bluetooth connection within settings never shows it disconnecting, it's just the app that shows it disconnecting and reconnecting.

2 Replies
smokerek
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I updated my Watch 5 pro this morning and so far no battery issues. Almost 4 days of battery life ATM šŸ¤”
0 Likes
winegirl1968
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I updated my 5 pro earlier this week and now the battery life is horrible. I usually get 3 days and now it's barely making it 24 hours. I know it usually takes a few days for the watch to "learn" after an update, but never this long
0 Likes