Original topic:

Galaxy watch Ultra & wireless charging

(Topic created: 08-07-2024 03:12 PM)
userWnXQVHglEd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I must say I love the new ultra watch and the marine band I selected. Seems more comfortable than the watch 6 classic I traded in.

But because of how the band sits on the watch. When I place it on my samsung wireless charger it will not make contact. The watch sits just above making charging wireless no possible. 

Any one else having this issue? Any suggestions on a solution?

0 Likes
3 Replies
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

For my Watch4 I have the charger on a raised surface where I can have the bands hang over each side. That way the watch sits flat on the charger.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
Haider56
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi,

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your new Galaxy Watch Ultra and the marine band! The issue you're experiencing with wireless charging due to the band design is something a few others have mentioned as well. Here are a few suggestions that might help:

1. Try a Different Charger:

• Some third-party wireless chargers have a more flexible design that might accommodate the watch and band better. Look for chargers that are specifically designed for smartwatches or have a more open design.
  2. Remove the Band Temporarily:

• If you find it convenient, you can remove the band when you need to charge the watch. This ensures the watch makes proper contact with the charger.
  3. Use the Original Charger:

• If you're not already using the charger that came with your Galaxy Watch Ultra, give it a try. Itā€™s usually designed to fit the watch perfectly.
  4. Check for Charging Stand:

• Some charging stands or docks are designed to hold the watch in a way that allows for better contact. Look for one that mentions compatibility with the Galaxy Watch Ultra.
  5. Adjust the Position:

• Sometimes, adjusting the position of the watch on the charger can help. Make sure itā€™s centered and try placing it at different angles.

If none of these solutions work, you might want to provide feedback to Samsung about the issue. They might offer a solution or consider it for future design improvements.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
flyerchas
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I move the charger so the watch part hangs over the edge of the table. The watch hangs lower so it makes contact.
0 Likes