JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch won't automatically switch to WiFi all the time

(Topic created: 09-07-2018 06:13 AM)
Cormaster
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't get why exactly but when i go from bluetooth to WiFi like when my phone is charging and I'm still wearing my watch, it usually will just notify me I'm in standalone mode and won't switch until i go into settings and tell it to connect to my wifi network.  My former Android Wear watch did this seemlessly without me noticing but this watch i often lose my notifications when I'm trying to top my phone off and I'm still wearing the watch around the house . Going in and out of bluetooth range basically makes the feature worthless. When it does automaticly switch it's usually after 10 minutes of being on standalone mode. So what gives?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
91 Replies
userx1fGI1nRCL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just an update on this, I got my watch connecting to my WiFi network, however, I needed to setup a seperate 2.4Ghz network to connect the watch to.

Usually I run my 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks with the same SSID and password and leave it to the client to decide which network it prefers. For whatever reason, the Galaxy Watch wouldn’t connect to the 2.4Ghz network in this scenario.

I run multiple UniFi access points with a around 20 clients, all roam seemlesly between AP’s and frequencies, except the Galaxy Watch.

0 Likes
userqD8hvWqjKc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

You might also want to open up network port TCP 8080 in your firewall for both watch and phone or it won't work. 

0 Likes
userR8vHSyy6ch
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Nearly identical problem, I have it set to wifi/auto, when I lose Bluetooth connection to the phone, the watch's wifi says 'connecting...' but it never does. The only way I've found to get it to connect is to 'forget' the saved network then re-enter the password. 

userFzZcGXHg7y
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same problema here. SM-R800, with the latest software installed.

If I lose Bluetooth connection, the WiFi does not connect automatically. If I check the WiFi in connection settings, it says "Connecting..." but never does, unless I forget the network and reconnect entering the password once again.

It happens with all of my 5 WiFi locations (2 at home, 2 at work, 1 at university), all different makers and models, with different password patterns as well: only numbers, numbers + letters, numbers + letters + special characters, from 8 up to 20 characters.

This is a pretty annoying issue!

0 Likes
userct6PT6GaTk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same problem here, anyone knowing if there is a permanent solution ?

0 Likes
userfvjgxzh53K
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

same issue here

0 Likes
userK29YJK5qwP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
i have same problem with wifi i must recconect manualy to my network .
0 Likes
dangogo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue here

0 Likes
userxc8CBdQxb4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same with mine, 46mm I must forget the Wi-Fi network and reconnect 

0 Likes
useruBIPBKRchy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

It works after I disable sync wifi profiles in watch connection, then forget the wifi network to connect to, and finally reconnect to it with password or wps (my choice, easier). Login to Spotify and Voilà! 

Thanks a lot

0 Likes