Trying to pair my new active2 with my new s20+. the wear app just sits at "Finishing Pairing". i have already attempted to reboot both the phone and watch. deleted the watch from the app, then re-add. al;l with same result
Solved! Go to Solution.
The first time I attempted to connect my watch to my new s20+, I chose "Connect to new phone" and it appeared to reset the watch but I don't think it fully does.
After uninstalling/installing the app on my s20+ several times and clearing the cache as suggested at the top with no success I thought I would look into manually resetting the watch.
I uninstalled the Wear app from my phone.
Then I chose to use my watch without connecting, went through the setup steps, and navigated to Reset and reset my watch.
After the watch restarted the phone recognized it, installed the app(s) and this time it finished pairing in only a few minutes.
What a relief!
Hello! Thank you for reaching out, have you tried wiping the cache partition of your device?
1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby/Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release the keys.
4. An ‘Installing system update’ message may show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
Let me know if this helped!
Same issue here. Geek squad and Sprint tech support can't fix it. Samsung, we need a fix!
Same here... can't setup the watch with the S20+ at all!
It's not the watch as I can pair with another phone after hard reset.
I did everything they said and nothing worked... HOWEVEver just fixed it today.... my hubby RESET THE WATCH, UNPAIRED THE DEVICES, UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED Galaxy WEAR.
Everything Samsung did with me on the phone except he FACORTY RESET THE WATCH too.
It is paired and working!!