Original topic:

Galaxy watch6: claim denied for water damage

(Topic created: yesterday)
CJLVT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
DO NOT get wet even though rated for 5 foot of water for 30 minutes and has a water lock feature for swimming. It will get water/liqud damage and Samsung tell you you caused the damage to the watch and ask you to pay for it. Their warranty only covers manufactured defect. They would never admit the watch must have had a manufactured defect to allow the liquid damage. It was on a wrist on a float in a 4ft pool with the water look on. 
0 Likes
7 Replies
chumpssenior
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am glad you posted this. So far, I have bathe in mine with the water lock on. But I will not take it to the pool for sure. So, no swimming time for me to record then.
0 Likes
CJLVT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Smart plan, but sad for a watch to be marketed to be used for something you can't use it for. Also sad for a company to have such disregard for their customers. The watch 2 that I have had for 5 plus years works with the water lock on in the pool no problems.
chumpssenior
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had the watch 4 classic and I swim in it bathe everything and nothing went wrong. But I will be taking precautions with this one for sure.
EthanPeterson
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well could that just be a defect with your galaxy watch 6 I've swam with it for awhile pool hot tub sauna steam room repeat lol
0 Likes
CJLVT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well, that was my point. There clearly was a manufactured defect in the watch, and samsung should repair it under warranty. Instead, they left me with a broken watch because they refused to do so.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

They have a history of refusing all water damage claims for their water resistance rated devices.  It seems to me that if they have devices with an IPX rating, any time there is water damage, absent any other damage, they should honor the claim. If they inspect the device and see it has been banged around enough to damage the seals, that's another story. BTW, the water lock is not to prevent water getting in, it's to prevent the screen from constantly turning on due to arm movements in the water.  When you turn off the water lock it ejects water that may have entered the speaker (the sound waves push those few drops out).

0 Likes
CJLVT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes, I agree there is no physical damage to the watch. It has only been worn as the watch should be. If a seal leaked, then that is a manufactured defect and should be covered. It can't be the consumers' fault if a tiny double face tape like seal between the screen and body decides to fail and allow water in.

Yes, I read the water lock was to lock the screen and help expelle any water that might get in the speaker area.
0 Likes