JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Health App, Download personal data: You have signed into this account incorrectly

(Topic created: 12-28-2023 07:57 AM)
robertseetzen
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,

until today, all data downloads from the Health app (Android) worked without problems. But since today, the "Download" at the bottom of the "Download personal data" screen in the app, only leads to a page on "account.samsung.com" telling me "You have signed into this account incorrectly". There seems to be no way to sign in "correctly" whatever this means.

The only explanation I have so far is that I deleted all cookies ("All time") in Chrome on my phone yesterday. Does the web page displayed in the health app somehow use the Chrome cookie storage for its own purposes? And what can I do to solve the problem?

(Device info: Watch 4, Pixel 7 Pro, Android 14)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the frustration of not being able to download your personal data from the Samsung Health app. As you are able to log in from all other locations other than the re-direct for the download, I would recommend reaching out to our Samsung accounts team for further assistance at 855-795-0509.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

if you wiped all cookies, it makes sense that you'd have to start fresh when logging into any account (Samsung, banking, etc.). have you tried to login direct to Samsung, rather than the redirect login? 

0 Likes
robertseetzen
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

The login cookies that the Samsung Health app seems to need were not created with a regular Chrome login, but from within the Health app. The Health app probably uses  Android WebView (I think that's how it is called) for the initial login which in turn seems to use the Chrome cookie storage.  I had already tried to login from the Chrome app to regenerate the cookies needed to download my Health data - but this didn't help.

If this is in fact a result of deleting cookies within the Chrome app, then I would consider this a major bug since deleting old cookies is a rather regular thing for many users.

Has anyone else here experienced such a problem?

Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand being able to download your personal data from the Samsung Health app and I would be happy to assist you further. If you are unable to log into your Samsung account, have you tried sending yourself a one-time e-mail in order to log your in?

0 Likes
huns0004
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I also have this problem and it's not a problem with being unable to sign in. It appears to be some other kind of issue:

• I am signed into the Samsung Health app on my phone
  • I can sign into my Samsung account using my phone's browser
  • Even though I am signed in correctly in both places, when I click on the Download data button in the app, it redirects me to a page that says "You have signed in to this account incorrectly." It also says to tap the "confirm" button to sign up, but there is no confirm button present.

The URL for the redirect is https://account.samsung.com/accounts/ANDROIDSDK/sdkConfirmRedirect?itnlYN=Y so it appears that the redirect from the app to whatever is handling auth is the problem.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the frustration of not being able to download your personal data from the Samsung Health app. As you are able to log in from all other locations other than the re-direct for the download, I would recommend reaching out to our Samsung accounts team for further assistance at 855-795-0509.

0 Likes