JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to access the VO2 Max on their Galaxy watch 6?

(Topic created: 01-19-2024 04:24 PM)
jsbjoey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I live in USA. I have the Watch 6.

1. HOW do I measure my VO2 max? There are absolutely no instructions. The few non-Samsung resources I found did not apply to my Watch 6.

2. Ido.not run/jog. I use tread mill and rowing machine. INdoors.

3. WHEN CAN I ACCESS Blood Pressure?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@jsbjoey To measure V02 max you need to record a workout. 

To record a workout:

1. Open Samsung Health on your watch
  2. Scroll down and click on Exercise
  3. Click the Walking icon if you are on the treadmill. After you get done, stop/end the workout. For Rowing, you will need to click the + icon and scroll down to it. 

After you complete the workout:

2. Scroll down and click on Workouts this week
  3. Click the workout that you completed. 
  4. Scroll down and you will find the V02 max reading

View solution in context

0 Likes
14 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@jsbjoey To measure V02 max you need to record a workout. 

To record a workout:

2. Scroll down and click on Exercise
  3. Click the Walking icon if you are on the treadmill. After you get done, stop/end the workout. For Rowing, you will need to click the + icon and scroll down to it. 

After you complete the workout:

2. Scroll down and click on Workouts this week
  3. Click the workout that you completed. 
  4. Scroll down and you will find the V02 max reading
0 Likes
jsbjoey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you. It shows up under Walking, but it foes notvshow up under Other Workout, or Weight Training, or Other Workout and Circuit Training. So to get VO2 for ANY exercise, I just open it up as "Walking?" Or Running?
j4resultz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Why does the VO2 Max only work for running or walking? This should be part of any main workout, such as outdoor or indoor cycling. 

0 Likes
betancd
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
Similar with Apple Watch and Garmin, these watches need GPS data to match up with your workout to accurately estimate your VO2 max. If you have a high heart rate and respitory rate and only walk one mile at 2 mph, it would indicate a low VO2. If you run 5k in 25 minutes with 90bpm HR, I imagine you would have a great VO2. Simply put, distance is part of the estimate.
0 Likes
j4resultz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
VO2 Max should have nothing to do with GPS, though even if it somehow still tied, that doesn't explain why VO2 max is not tracked and recorded for outdoor cycling on the Galaxy 6 Classic
betancd
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
Here is Apple's research explaining the requirement for GPS. https://www.apple.com/healthcare/docs/site/Using_Apple_Watch_to_Estimate_Cardio_Fitness_with_VO2_max...

Also, here is an article from Runners World explaining how GPS is utilized for VO2 max measurement on watches. https://www.runnersworld.com/gear/a20856601/can-your-watch-estimate-your-vo2-max/

I agree that VO2 max is in itself independent from GPS, but that is normally measured in a lab type setting with a face mask. Watches get around this by using all available sensors to create an estimate based on exertion over a given distance & time while moving over a flat surface.

It is hard to say why Samsung did not include VO2 with cycling as Garmin allows this, and Apple does as well after WatchOS 9. All I can say on that is that VO2 estimation will not be there if the data has not been recorded with accuracy by the vendor to make those estimations.

Samsu.g doesn't have much info on the topic but I found a good community forum that touches on it.

https://www.samsungcommunity.com/vo2-max-fall-detection-galaxy-watch-4-5-6/
j4resultz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks friend!
DB86
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hi

I only see VO2 in the running workout.How do we see the Vo2 in all workouts??
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

It's available in the walking workout. Others have said it requires GPS to help with its calculations. That being the case, might also expect it might be in the biking workout. Not sure about others, but definitely in Walking one.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes