Original topic:

How to prevent workout getting accidentally paused

(Topic created: yesterday)
BCTero
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

The button to pause workout gets pushed in frequently by my wrist. 

Does not really take that much. There is no audio or vibration signal that the button got pressed so you may continue your workout a long time before you realize the recording had stopped. So I nowadays keep on checking the watch trying to make sure it has not paused.

Please make this common problem go away, so many have asked it for so long.

P.S. Is turning the water lock on a workaround? 

5 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

What watch do you have?  Are you double jointed?  I have tried every which way to have my wrist touch any button on my watch to try to duplicate your complaint.  It cannot be done.  Putting on water lock will prevent accidental turning on of the screen if the screen is touched, either by fingers or water or rubbing up against something and prevent any button action (except turning the screen on) being activated.  So, if you are truly hitting the button with your wrist, water lock may help with that.

0 Likes
BCTero
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

There are other searches you can find on the web users having same problem. I am not sure what causes it, I agree pushing a button intentionally with your wrist won't work. But yet for some reason it does get occasionally paused, and it has to be related to the wrist moving and button slightly hitting the skin and getting pressed.

Like I may have 60 minute bball shooting sessions, and in every other one it pauses at least once. So it is not something you can repeat that easily or at will, but it sure is frequent enough for me to post here and should be preventable by the user. I can see it being much bigger problem in for example cycling.

The watch is Galaxy 05FA SM-R800

P.S. Why is b a s  k e t b a l l banned word here?

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't know why that word is banned here; the filter seems the determine that the most innocuous words are forbidden. I didn't see the part where you mentioned which workout you were doing, but aside from vibration it is also possible that the orb is brushing against the screen, or any workout mate you have may touch your watch during the action.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

So, try the water lock.  I use it when I swim and the only button that's functional while it's on is the power button, because that turns the screen on so I can see the status of my workout and also in order to turn water lock off, you need to press and hold it.  No other button or screen touch works with water lock on.  I also use water lock for other purposes, when I am doing something that may cause accidental touches.

My feeling is that you are not actually accidentally touching buttons, but if your workout is causing vigorous arm movements, the vibrations might be causing the screen to activate and, thus, also pausing your workout, especially if you are wearing sleeves. In any case, water lock should help with that.

BCTero
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

That could be it. There is certainly vibration, and the screen turns on. But I did not know the workout can be paused from touch screen only.

Thanks for trying to help. 

0 Likes