JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to update google password on Watch4

(Topic created: 09-13-2021 08:51 AM)
NJFireD1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had to change my google account password and now can't use the play store on the watch.  It says I need to sign into my google account again but I can't figure out how to do that on the watch or in the wearable app. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
NJFireD1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I did try restarting and it didn't work.  

However I did figure it out. Went back into accounts in the wearable app and selected add new account and just readded the same account.  

View solution in context

7 Replies
Home_in_BKK
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

Select Google Play on your watch and scroll down to "Accounts".

0 Likes
NJFireD1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

As soon as I open play it has the warning Authentication is required. You need to sign into your Google Account.  The only button available is retry and that repeats the message 

0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

I would try assigning in on the phone that is paired with the watch and then go back to the watch.

0 Likes
NJFireD1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

The paired phone is signed into the account

0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

Initially watch setup, did you copy google account from the phone? Try shutting down and re-starting the watch.

0 Likes
Solution
NJFireD1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I did try restarting and it didn't work.  

However I did figure it out. Went back into accounts in the wearable app and selected add new account and just readded the same account.  

userTrU6dUdiNB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same thing with my Watch 4, silly the way this works. But that took care of it, just have to recall this the next time I change my Google password...

0 Likes