Original topic:

Interval Training Support

(Topic created: Wednesday)
digitaldementia
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My current devices are Galaxy Z Flip 5, Galaxy Watch 6 Classic, and Galaxy Watch 6.  I have other training devices including Garmin Mach D2 and Polar Vantage.   I need robust training options that include interval configurations.  After updating to the latest available Samsung Health, I started working with the routine configuration and noticed there are still needless limitations on duration targets that could used for robust interval designs.

I think duration targets on exercises should not be limited by what seems to be arbitrary configurations.  If I want 5 second or 500 second duration targets for exercises,  that should be up to me and my desire for pain.  Most interval training works like the following:

Rounds:  Any number, such as 4

Start Round

1.  Work Interval (Any exercise type) --> Seconds to Minutes

2.  Rest Interval --> Seconds to Minutes

End Round

Another configuration could look like:

Rounds:  Any number, such as 8

Start Round

1.  Work Interval (Any Exercise 1) --> Seconds to Minutes

2.  Rest Interval --> Seconds to Minutes

3. Work Interval (Any Exercise 2) --> Seconds to Minutes

4. Rest Interval --> Seconds to minutes.

End Round

Work and rest intervals need not be uniform.  Options like traditional Tabata and HIIT follow a uniform 20sec/10sec work/rest and 40sec/20sec work/rest configurations.  I think providing these configurations out of the box would appeal to a lot of users.

The other devices I own do not have LTE which is why I have owned Samsung and other LTE wearables.  I see an opportunity to use less devices if I can configure interval training on my Samsung devices.  If this doesn't exist or there will not be plans for it, are there exposed developer APIs I can use to build things myself?  The requirements missing that I need are:

1. Intervals listed above.
  2. Robust BLE to equipment communication, such as my Stages Sb20 Smart Bike (Stages exposes their BLE for integration). I have used the BLE options currently available and it is severely lacking in data collection metrics as well as device communication.

Regards,

Iran

0 Replies