JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 08-31-2018 08:41 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
446 Replies
userrHWWSbjAGC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I tried this and it seemed to work for a very little while 

danwms
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just adding myself to the list of people with the issue. It seems to be pretty consistent. 

If you walk more than 15 steps it will start counting including the first 15 and is perfectly fine until you stop. 

If you don't do 15 steps it never stays counting. It's almost as though the watch needs to get to 15 to wake up or something. 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

@danwms; I have reached out to you on another post as well. I did look further into the issue for you. According to my research, Pedometers, in general, have been shown to not be accurate when people walk at a very slow pace. To get the most accurate results, be sure you are walking at a brisk pace. Also, Pedometers that are carried in your pocket or on your hip are generally accurate within 5 percent. Of studies performed on pedometers that measure at the wrist, across a variety of brands, the best of them were accurate to 9 percent. We are always improving our products and continually use the data from product performance to improve the algorithms and ultimately your Samsung experience. We appreciate your feedback and ask that you continue to keep us informed about your product's performance. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

Are you kidding me?!? The best I get is 50%. My phone registers twice the steps than on my watch. My husband's Huawei Watch works perfectly fine, my $20 step counter works great too. The only problem I am having is with the Samsung Galaxy Watch!!! This is an unacceptable answer to a problem you are unwilling to accept. I bought a total of 3 Galaxy watches. And all three have the same problem. This answer is an insult to injury!!! 

0 Likes
Mizzy1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have replaced 2 and now on my 3rd..this is not acceptable by any means! They all have the hr issue! 

0 Likes
danwms
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

That comment makes no sense. Other trackers on wrists are able to track ok and even the S3 is fine.

There is clearly an issue with this watch but you are not willing to admit it. 

Best option us to email tech bloggers about the issues and return git money back. 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

@danwms; We research the issues our customers present us with. We consider the information written by Tech Bloggers and Tech magazines as well as our own knowledge base. There are articles available to the public that support the information I provided. We strive to be as accurate as possible. If at any point you feel your device is not working properly, we would be happy to assist with service options. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Mizzy1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@SamsungAdam I have spoke with samsung support mutiple times thru chat and over phone now that being said I have returned 2 watches and now Im on my 3rd watch and the hr is messing up even tho I followed all those steps your moderators said to follow and perform..my my my guess what🤔NONE OF THOSE STEPS WORKED..yall keep saying turn off elliptical, turn off rowing, do master resets, power watch off and on..well I did all those things on all 3 watches [that cost $353 by the way] and those steps did not work..its the watches not the users..the watches are faulty..we waiting to see if its a quick software fix or a lenghty mail in the samsung repair type of situation..i have plenty videos showing my other samsung watches working perfect as always then the video shows the new galaxy watches the 3 I have purchased with the hr not working properly! Im frustrated! Im fed up! Im upset! People spending $350 and more on these watches the least samsung could do is ackowledge the problem and tell the people hey we got yall! Buuuut noooooooo samsung is clueless even tho the issue is exposed and in articles all over the internet and social media! I can not wait for Apple event Sept 12th cuse they care about their customers! I been team samsung for evvvvver..I got the samsung s1, s2 classic, s3 frontier, and s3 classic and guess what mr. moderator🤔 I never ever ever had the hr issue with those!🤬🤦🏻‍:female_sign:🤦🏼‍:male_sign:

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

So if you research your answers, then where is the answer to our questions? You are ignoring your customers and ruining your customer relations. So far everyone that sees my watch gets to hear about the horrendous customer service Samsung has and how badly Samsung treats their customers. So your job is worth nothing. You are not helping your customers, not helping the company you work for.   

0 Likes
Mizzy1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Your answer is not helping the big picture here..THERE ARE A LOT OF BAD GALAXY WATCHES ON THE MARKET..I HAVE RETURNED 2 WATCHES AND THE 3RD WATCH IS DOING THE SAME THING! THEY WERE PURCHASED FROM BEST BUY AND WALMART! I PAID $352 FOR ALL 3 PURCHASES! I DEMAND ANSWERS! I OWN samsung s1, s2 classic, s3 frontier, & s3 classic AND NEVER HAD ISSUES WITH THOSE....THIS GALAXY WATCH IS BUGGED AND NEEDS TO BE ACKNOWLEDGED BY samsung THEN FIXED🤬

0 Likes