JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 08-31-2018 08:41 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
446 Replies
Birdymom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Gear S2 1105 steps

Samsung watch 518 steps

0 Likes
usertDfo0Uguhy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having the same problem. It was working perfectly and then this morning the step conter stopped working completely. I tried all the fixes and nothing is working. I don't want to send it back but it sounds like Samsung doesn't even want to acknowledge there is a problem. 

0 Likes
userYd03IUSNfT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue here. Galaxy Watch isn't giving accurate step counts. If you walk over 15 steps it is more accurate. But if you walk less than 15 and stop then walk again it won't count your steps. 

I did a test with Gear fit 2, galaxy watch was almost 50% less.

This morning I am wearing both of the watches, so far Galaxy Watch is at 1280 steps, Gear Fit 2 is at 1950 steps.  StepSensor test was failing yesterday, but after a reset it passes now.

0 Likes
userBFTnw04RIY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Here's what worked for me:

1. Disable elliptical, rowing, and cycling from automatically detected workouts

2. Restart the Galaxy Watch

3. Go back into setting to confirm that the automatic workouts mentioned in number 1 above are still turned off

Go for a walk to test. It worked for me. Interested to know if it works for anyone else.

This is a workaround, so I'm still quite upset with Samsung for poor quality testing. At least for me it does not appear to be a hardware issue. 

userXnG0DHQTSw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I sent mine back and will not buy another samsung.  I do miss my s2 classic now that it sold quickly (and did NOT have this problem!!) but will be purchasing a different brand.  In my research even in the samsung community, Samsung has let this problem continue back to the s3 so VERY unlikely they will fix now.....  Do your research and you will see this watch is just a continuation of the s3:(

0 Likes
Birdymom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my watch from Samsung. Mine is still not working and of course after the 15 day return.  They authorized the return, but I am not hopeful about the fix. Still have 2 Neos and my Gear S2 so I went back to the S2.  Have a husband who was a service tech, and he will dog them.

0 Likes
userTyFbMffSkz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My wife bought me one last week that I was really pleased about. Everything worked fine for two days and then steps, hrm and sleep stopped working. Had to do the total reset last night and now it works fine- but for how long? If it plays up again I'll be sending it back too.  Really disappointed that Samsung would release a new watch that has  a problem. A shame really because it looks so much better than the crapple watch.

0 Likes
Phoenix89
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi all, 

I woke this morning to find it hadn't tracked my sleep and then realised it wasn't counting my steps. The work around that has worked for me so far is the following. 

1) start a workout - I did "walk", walk around 15-20 steps. Stop the workout. Once done make sure the watch has recorded the steps. If recorded move on to step 2, if not, restart the watch and try again. If still not recording send watch back. 

2) Untick all the auto track workouts, I also have inactive alerts turned off (but I did that from day 1 as I work an office job). 

3) Restart the watch - check all the auto tracking is still turned off. 

4) Go for a walk (not a brisk one as the mod suggested - just a normal walk). Doesn't have to be far, just enough to ensure the watch has had chance to re-calibrate the pedometer. 

I hope this works for you all, I will confirm tomorrow as to whether my sleep tracking is working again. Also I can confirm after doing the above, the watch has begun tracking floors correctly. 

Phoenix

0 Likes
userKMyus215EI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

These watches are absolutely junk.  Samsung isn't being of any help.  They aren't responding to the issues.  Watch number 3 is worse than watch number 2 was.  That makes me think hardware, not software.  I walked 70 steps and my watch still shows 0.  My phone counted them.  I have had issues with Samsung washer, dryer, ordering from Note 8, and now this.  I may need to rethink brands and stop business with Samsung completely.  Nothing but problems lately and no real answers.  Just getting ignored.  This is not going to go away Samsung.  Your product is defective and needs fixed, not ignored and work arounds that don't work.

userqqscGN2ZAC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can someone tell me why I cant get the heart rate monitor to work continuously? I got this 

Yesterday and It not counting any steps or floors and barely does my hr. I had a fitbit versa before this and never had problems 

0 Likes