JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 08-31-2018 08:41 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
446 Replies
userNy4R2X7ce8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have had my watch for just about 2 weeks and thought I would love it since I have always had such good luck with my Samsung  things.

So far my step counter is junk!   It won't keep steps.  For example the other day I went into the store and I don't remember the exact steps but say I started with 1300... walked around the store for an hour and came out with 1300 steps it didn't move  and so far this week my step counter has decided to subtract steps.... how does that happen?

For example this morning I was getting ready for work.  Started out with 0 steps.. " I checked because I wanted to keep and eye out"  did my things got into my car looked at the step counter and I have 1625 steps and when I got to work and sat at my desk I looked at my counter and right before my eyes it subtracted and put that I have 475 steps??

My stair/floor counter doesn't seem to work most of the time.  I walked up and down my stairs 5 times.. and it registered 1.

And this weekend 2 times my heart rate was flat lined.

Really disappointed.

I online chatted with Samsung and they told me to reboot and it should fix it.  It didn't.  Will have to contact them and give them one more try and if not .. will have to take it back $360.00 is a lot to lose.

0 Likes
Marumbas
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Did somebody tested galaxy watch with new 4.0.0.1 Tizen version?
https://wccftech.com/second-galaxy-watch-update-improves-battery-charging-and-more/

0 Likes
Dorky11
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes I'm having the same issues... battery life is terrible and doesn't track work lots and steps efficiently extremely disappointed

0 Likes
useriyXFQSHf0g
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I found the fix! Check it out everyone. Troubleshooted and tested myself.

Let me know if it works for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkXwiN-iFNM&feature=youtu.be

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for posting. Unfortunately my watch is still not working properly. THIS DID NOT WORK!

userbz3mCsJpU4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've not tried the suggested fix, which involves having a watch face that does not show the step count. Although it might satisfy some users, I'm not willing to give up my selected watch face, which shows my step count. 

Thanks for the suggestion. At least we're all trying to get the problem solved. Now if only Samsung would do the same....

0 Likes
userQ8qGpWBcbZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

It worked a couple of minutes but recognized no less than 7-8 steps.

After 3 minutes, again it wasn't able to recognize less than 12-13 steps.

My opinion is that the issue is with gyro sensor which is overloaded and not optimized, the second issue could be ram management.

I'll wait until Garmin announce new Fenix model and then I'll move to Garmin, I am not using Samsung phones for a while and this will be my last Samsung product for sure.

I can't believe that I paid 350$ for a watch that can't do that 20$ watch does.

0 Likes
userYHIkmZWSfW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung has forced me to return my Note 9 and Galaxy Watch for an iPhone XS Max; Apple Watch Series 4 and the new ipad pro. 

At least Apple's products work and when there is an issue, they get on it fast. 

Samsung should be ashamed of themselves.

At least I'm a blue bubble again and can rejoin group chats w my other iphone friends. 

0 Likes
userFuiSxYyqn7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Already had a face with nothing else on it.  Changed and nothing helped.  Not a fix for me.

0 Likes
userfqnwaYnokt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Finished my 1.5 hour elliptical workout this evening and can verify that there is no solution that puts my steps within an acceptable range.  Fitbit recorded 21,000 steps and Galaxy watch crawled to 8,928. Though frustrated, I will still keep the Galaxy watch but will refrain from recommending it to folks who value the fitness aspect. Again, I'm only good to go because I have no problem wearing a fitbit along with it.

0 Likes