JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 08-31-2018 08:41 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
446 Replies
user1Z0TwhMSi3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue. I drop down my hands. I was so angry, because watch does not count my steps correctly so i turned off all workout detection (including walking/running (optimal pace)). After that my watch counted 10.000 steps yesterday! I don't know how it work, but now i get much more steps than earlier.

0 Likes
userdlVgB6QIxj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have read through all 29 pages of this trying everything. My solutions was add an exercise wiget onto my screen, select workout, tap walking, scroll down to auto-pause and disable it. You can delete the wiget later. I used that standard watch face as well as a fancy downloaded one. IT WORKED for me. 

0 Likes
userokplGyqscK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

"After returning my 2 Galaxy Watches, because of failing to register steps, not counting steps I decided to test the sensors on my 3rd watch which also doesn't count steps correctly. The way you can do it is if you go to your PHONE DÄ°ALER  on your watch you can enter *#0*# this will bring you to a screen where you can select sensors then scroll down to gyroscope and click on SELF. This should self test your sensor. I tested it before and usually PASSED but I tried testing several times and it would PASS and then FAÄ°L! So you might need to test it several times. 

So far no one at Samsung suggested doing that! 

The moral of the story.... This is not a software issue!!! This is a manufacturing and quality control issue! 

Please post your results."

Mine passed when I sit still, Failed while I am walking.

Watch model number: sm-r800

Watch baseband / software version: tizen version 4.0.0.1 / R800XXU1BRJ4

Type of phone connected to: Samsung Galaxy S8

Bluetooth or carrier version:  Bluetooth

I just bought the watch 2 days ago

It seems like the issue has been ongoing over 2 months, and samsung has not fixed the issue.

I am very disappointed.

I will maybe wait another week or two and probably return it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes I got mine yesterday also and it does not count the steps today. But it did the first day

0 Likes
userXTVg7FmSIK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just adding mine in. This is my second watch. I returned the first one in september because it wasn't counting steps. Then I saw a video that if you didn't do a step watch face, it would record your steps. I don't have steps on my watch face, and it's still lagging behind 2,000 steps than my fitbit. I've shut off work out dection and all of that too.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch

Maybe they come up with an update soon. Or we all sould get togher and send them all back...

0 Likes
userl86PBwdrIA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

According to some forum posts Samsung is not going to fix this as this works as designed (probably by very bad designer which has to be fired for this epic fail IMHO)

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is a message I received from Samsung moderator on Samsung+.

SweetiePie82, it was meant to be fixed with software BRJ4. However, something went wrong and it appears to have made some aspects worse. (Just based on comments and posts from you guys.) We're re-gathering information on those that have updated so that our teams can find out what went wrong and issue a new fix. Sadly, I don't know have any information on when that may be.

0 Likes
DmytriiD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi all,

Just got my galaxy watch 42mm black today and just after using it for a few hours I realized that it does not count steps properly. There is for sure an issue...I know how much steps I usually walk for 30-60 mins around like every hour during the day...because I do challenge with friends a lot in SHeath...so today I left my phone in the car while was doing my business..and then I realized that it is much fewer steps counted then I expected. Like 160 instead of  1200 maybe....I tried to switch to power saving mode as suggested in this topic by someone and it worked for me. In power saving mode it counts normally. I think maybe power saving mode disable some features which cause this issue.

But really this is unacceptable by Samsung. All my life using only samsung TVs, phones...and always was happy...today got a watch and I am really unhappy!!!!!

0 Likes