JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 08-31-2018 08:41 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
446 Replies
userkp48vrP5Wr
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

This worked for a few minutes only...when will you deploy an update with a permanant  fix? 

Iether that or refund...

userZ34P3guESA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

MODEL NUMBER: SM-R805U

HARDWARE VERSION: REV1.0

TIZEN VERSION: 4.0.0.1

SOFTWARE VERSION: R805USQU1BRJ6

LTE

PHONE: SM-G960U1 (GALAXY S9 UNLOCKED)

HARDWARE VERSION: REV1.1

ANDROID VERSION: 9

Same issue as everyone else...inaccurate step count.  Wearing both my old Garmin and this watch and the Garmin has counted  1,100 steps more in half a day...

userqPwun2wAy2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I tried this and it helped for a few minutes and then it stopped again.  It is about 50  percent  of the steps showing up on my note 9 and I started counting on the watch about 15 minutes earlier.  

userNwOIkjBVLf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I did this when I first got my watch. I can be active for 5 hours straight and it shows 900 steps. Then proceeds to let me know I have been inactive for an hour and should do torso twists. Or it shows that I was asleep!!! Really???
usertqLjFQIF2q
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

This worked for a few minutes and then it stopped again. What does the Eliptical trainer and rowing machine have to do with step counting?

Lunita
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

How can I track the elliptical work out if it is disabled. One of the reasons I purchased the watch was to be active and see my progress, it isn't helping at all. Waste of money, SMH !!!Smiley Mad Smiley Mad

user6paXxQA5FG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I did that but it does not still count, what is Samsung going to do, if it is a software issue, it should be done hurriedly so we update or wearable gears, cos we paid a hefty amount of cash for this watch.

userG8CgYL2RYA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

this will be my second 42 mm watch... the first one didnt count right and sent it back...we have had the second one for 2 months now and still not working right either....very frustrated with samsung right now... we have tried every suggestion on the forum and with tech support. Not a very" SMART WATCH" if it can't even count steps...FIX THE PROBLEM SAMSUNG!!!

userZWnSMvZ00V
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi so I did this earlier today but still not accurate actually way off.   I have been wearing my fitbit all day everyday at the same time.   Writing down steps from both devices Samsung was way off.   Swapped hands so both devices get even readout so after 4 hrs each device and then swapping here is the readings. Fitbit 6684. Samsung 3296 bloody joke and before you say not accurate before I wrote this post would do another test so I have a fairly long hallway so I walked up and back down counting steps in my head 60 steps in total fitbit 60 steps Samsung 10 Like Soooo dissapointed 

userx33A97uDqV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I tried this and reset watch and tried again my watch still is counting my steps i might step 30 steps an it will count 3 like 10 minutes later i have only had my watch for a month