JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 08-31-2018 08:41 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
446 Replies
user2jmXgFajQA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had that same problem with one that I bought refurbished. It scared me until I realized that this is a fairly common problem with these watches. I simply rebooted it and it works fine now. If that doesn't work, you may need to do a full wipe of the phone memory. Hopefully rebooting is all it needs. Good luck.

Options
Galaxy Watch

I didn't buy my watch refurbished. This is a brand new product I paid full price for. If it's a common issue. Why is there no solution? I restarted the watch, reset it, followed all the recommended procedures and it still works intermittently. Thanks for suggestion.

Rob K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yep, see other threads. Seems to be a common issue and I'm having the same problem. Very disappointed. Going back to my Garmin.

usercHmvWe6GPx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having the same issue. What a waste of money. I'll be requesting a refund for sure.

useriyXFQSHf0g
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

@usercHmvWe6GPx wrote:

I'm having the same issue. What a waste of money. I'll be requesting a refund for sure.

I found the fix! Check it out everyone. Troubleshooted and tested myself.

Let me know if it works for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkXwiN-iFNM&feature=youtu.be

0 Likes
useriyXFQSHf0g
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I found the fix! Check it out everyone. Troubleshooted and tested myself.

Let me know if it works for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkXwiN-iFNM&feature=youtu.be

userJrs6EfpfVK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine is the same. Not a good tracker at all, that's all I really got the watch for.

0 Likes
userl86PBwdrIA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Accidently posted this on EU forum which has 43 pages for this issue.

It seems that thousands of people are affected. I personally do not know anyone who has 'correct' step or floor counter. Everyone has exactly the same problem. I think we should definitely start class action lawsuit so we can be heard.

Just bought 2 of these and both have the same step counting problem.

It seems like a pure 100% software issue. Only > 20 consecutive steps are registered.  So if you do more than 20 steps then all steps are counted including first 20. So these steps are definetly counted. The issue is that SW/algorithm decides to ignore them on purpose. It does look like a bug or bad algorithm. I would prefer every step to be counted. I have no idea why they did it that way because it is better to overcount in this case (very few people will complain). Or give us an option so we(users)  can set this parameter. Probaly 2-3 steps should be good default setting. 

With current implementation I can spend 4 hours on farmers market and get literally ZERO steps as I did do more than 20 consecutive steps. Even small pause resets the counter.

I'm planning to wait for a few week for a SW update or will return the watches (90 days return policy).

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am for the class action suit! 2 months and still no answers really and no real acknowledgement of a problem and no offer of a resolution. How do we do that?

0 Likes
userXnG0DHQTSw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I agree!!

0 Likes