JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Remote connection- galaxy watch ultra

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
user1Swo3udm58
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was previously using a Watch 5 Pro. Now I switched to Watch Ultra and I don't use LTE on the watch.

So I want to be able to use "call on other devices" feature which enables me to dial on my watch using the mobile network of my phone even if I am not near my phone and bluetooth is not connected.

this was possible on Watch 5 Pro (and other Samsung watches AFAIK) , now on Ultra this is not available. Maybe because it has its own LTE module. But since I don't have a mobile plan on my watch, I can't dial.

Is this feature missed ? Is it forgotten or left abandoned on purpose ?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with not being able to location the remote connection feature on your Galaxy watch Ultra. After testing on my device, I was able to confirm the feature is there using the steps in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00061431/

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
user1Swo3udm58
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

nobody interested ?

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with not being able to location the remote connection feature on your Galaxy watch Ultra. After testing on my device, I was able to confirm the feature is there using the steps in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00061431/

0 Likes
user1Swo3udm58
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

What's it gonna be Samsung ?

0 Likes
Monieca
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
What I would do is get the TELLO Esim with voice and data then forward your cell phone to the watch that would be the best solution .As I'm now having the issue that as I'm explaining this process and setting up my new s23+ it' appears to not be working as it did on my a52s 5g 
 remote connection worked on my Galaxy a52 5G which is strange I just got the s23+ transferring all my info and settings to it just to realize it's NOT WORKING . I don't understand it .Didn't I upgrade? Why does it seem like a step in the wrong direction ?My s23+ CANNOT REMOTELY CONNECT??? So I will just get voice and data on my watch with Tello and will now be forwarding my unanswered calls to my watches number. I REALLY AM WISHING I WOULDVE JUST KEPT MY A52 s instead of UPGRADING TO A 23+ I NOW CAN'T PERFORM SIMPLE BUT VERY USEFUL ACTIONS WITH MY WATCH.
0 Likes
85octane
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Finally found the actual solution to this issue, which is caused by Google.

You should backup watch first.

Then, delete data from Google Play Services in your phone. This will sever the connection to your watch.

Screenshot_20240823_121732_Settings.jpg

 

Screenshot_20240823_121749_Google Play services.jpg

 

Lastly, reset your watch (leave esim intact). Now everything works again!

https://xdaforums.com/t/google-cloud-sync-for-samsung-wear-os-lte-watches-solution.4494169/

0 Likes
Monieca
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank You so much for this . You saved me from a lot of sleepless nights,,🤣
0 Likes