JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Right side of watch face unresponsive

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
SCA108
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Went swimming with my ( supposedly waterproof ) watch a few months ago and since then have not been able to use the right hand side of the touch screen. I've been able to work around most things but not when I need to select a check mark on the right. Which I need to do because my watch has been disconnected from my phone and I need to pair it. I've been hoping some combination of physical buttons might do it but haven't found the trick yet. Has anyone come up with any workarounds? Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sorry but the watch isn't waterproof it's water resistant and it sounds like you would need to send the watch in for repair.
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sorry but the watch isn't waterproof it's water resistant and it sounds like you would need to send the watch in for repair.
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
I swim nearly every day with my watch 4 and have for 2+years with never a problem with the water resistance. It's rated for swimming - it counts laps and measures strokes and other swim data. There could have been a defect in OP's watch that allowed water to enter the works and damage the circuit board. Samsung appears to routinely deny water damage claims under warranty as a mfr defect, so any repair would likely be a paid one.
0 Likes